Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Scores feared dead after migrant ship capsizes in Mediterranean

Lobo
    Lobo

Scores feared dead after migrant ship capsizes in Mediterranean  Empty Scores feared dead after migrant ship capsizes in Mediterranean

Post by Lobo Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Scores feared dead after migrant ship capsizes in Mediterranean
    Aid workers say only four survivors recovered so far after vessel containing about 110 people overturned near Libya

Scores feared dead after migrant ship capsizes in Mediterranean  5760
    There was a tenfold increase in the number of migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea in 2016. Photograph: Sima Diab/AP
    Associated Press
    Saturday 14 January 2017 18.05 EST Last modified on Saturday 14 January 2017 18.12 EST

A migrant ship carrying around 100 people capsized in the frigid waters off Libya on Saturday and only four survivors had been rescued after hours of searching, aid groups have said.
    Eight bodies were recovered, but poor conditions hampered the search, which was conducted 30 miles (50km) off Libya’s coast, Italy’s ANSA news agency reported.
    Flavio di Giacomo, Rome spokesman for the International Organisation of Migration, said four of the estimated 110 people on board had been rescued. He said more details would become available after the four were brought to shore.

Scores feared dead after migrant ship capsizes in Mediterranean  4000
    2016 sets new record for asylum seekers reaching Italy by boat

The majority of migrant ships set off from Libya’s lawless coasts where smugglers operate with impunity, charging desperate migrants hundreds of dollars apiece to make the dangerous Mediterranean crossing.
    Last year saw a record high number – 181,000 people – heading to Italy by sea, the EU rescue operation Frontex reported. West Africans, most of them hailing from Nigeria, accounted for most of the migrants in 2016, with a reported tenfold increase in their numbers since 2010.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/14/scores-dead-after-migrant-ship-capsizes-in-mediterranean

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 am