Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

MLK III: 'Very constructive' Trump meeting

Lobo
    Lobo

MLK III: 'Very constructive' Trump meeting Empty MLK III: 'Very constructive' Trump meeting

Post by Lobo Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:53 pm

MLK III: 'Very constructive' Trump meeting
    By Mallory Shelbourne - 01/16/17 02:53 PM EST

Martin Luther King III said Monday -- the federal holiday honoring his father -- said he had a “very constructive” meeting with President-elect Donald Trump at Trump Tower in New York.
    But he declined to say whether he was offended by Trump’s weekend criticism of civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.).
    “Well, first of all I think that in the heat of emotion a lot of things get said on both sides. And I think that at some point -- I am, as John Lewis and many others, a bridge builder,” King told reporters in the lobby of Trump Tower.
    “The goal is to bring America together and Americans. We are a great nation but we must become a greater nation. And what my father represented, my mother represented through her life, what I hope that I am trying to do is always bring people together.”
    Trump criticized Lewis over the weekend, calling the congressman “all talk” and “no action” after Lewis said he did not view Trump as a “legitimate president.” 
    But King disagreed with the "no action" label, saying, “Absolutely I would say John Lewis has demonstrated that he’s action.
    "As I said, things get said on both sides in the heat of emotion. And at some point, this nation, we’ve got to move forward,” King added.
    When asked what his father, civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr., would say to Trump, King emphasized the issue of poverty.
     "I think my father would be very concerned about the fact that there are 50 or 60 million people living poverty and somehow we’ve got to create the climate for all boats to be lifted,” he said.
    Asked if the president-elect had allayed his concerns, King noted that Trump has "said that that he is going to represent Americans. 
    "He’s said that over and over again. We will continue to evaluate that. The nation supports. I believe that’s his intent. I believe we have to consistently engage with pressure, public pressure. It doesn’t happen automatically, my father and his team understood that, did that."
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314476-mlk-iii-refuses-to-say-whether-trumps-criticism-of-lewis-offended-him

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:18 am