Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

More marine life misery in the US: 81 whales die off South Florida coast

Lobo
    Lobo

More marine life misery in the US: 81 whales die off South Florida coast Empty More marine life misery in the US: 81 whales die off South Florida coast

Post by Lobo Tue 17 Jan 2017, 4:08 pm

More marine life misery in the US: 81 whales die off South Florida coast
    Posted: 16 Jan 2017 03:39 PM PST
    More marine life misery in the US: 81 whales die off South Florida coast Killer-whales

(Provided Photo/Southeast Marine Mammal Stranding Network)
    MONROE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) –- 81 false killer whales have died after stranding themselves off the South Florida coast.
    NOAA announced the grim news on Monday afternoon.
    NOAA initially reported that 95 false killer whales were stranded in South Florida.
    Then on Monday afternoon, NOAA Fish Southeast tweeted that 81 whales had died and also said the whales were at a remote location off of Hog Key in the Everglades. One whale was seen alive on Monday and 13 others are unaccounted for, NOAA Fish Southeast said on Twitter on Monday afternoon.
    The National Park Service has closed the area around the whale stranding location.
    The National Park Service is asking that aircraft not fly over the area and that boats stay away from the area.
    NOAA is responding to the massive stranding, which was first discovered on Saturday afternoon. Many other agencies are helping with the response effort, including the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, NOAA Fisheries, Mote Marine Laboratory, the University of Florida, the U.S. Coast Guard and the U.S. Geological Survey.
    False killer whales are large members of the dolphin family.
    They weigh about 1,500 pounds and are 15 to 20 feet long, according to NOAA Fisheries.
    They are usually found in groups of 10 to 20.
    False killer whales are known to strand in large groups.
    False killer whales are found in Hawaii, along the entire West Coast of the U.S. and from the Mid-Atlantic coastal states and southward, according to NOAA Fisheries.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 3:23 am