Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Lightning @ Sharks

jedi17
    jedi17

Lightning @ Sharks Empty Lightning @ Sharks

Post by jedi17 Wed 18 Jan 2017, 2:57 pm

Game 47 Preview: Lightning @ Sharks
    January 18, 2017, 2:44 PM ET [1 Comments]
    John Gove
     Lightning @ Sharks Tb Tampa Bay Lightning Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

The Tampa Bay Lightning head to the SAP Center Thursday night for a showdown against last year's Western Conference Champions, the San Jose Sharks. The puck drop is scheduled for 10:30 p.m. ET.

The Lightning and Sharks have already met once this season back in November at the Amalie Arena. San Jose came away victorious with a 3-1 win.

Lightning Outlook

Tampa Bay is in the middle of their longest road trip of the season and will be playing their third game in California in four nights. The Lightning have acquired three of the four possible points on the road trip, winning in Los Angeles and losing in overtime to the Ducks. 

As I have said on numerous occasions, the Bolts are in desperate need of points and they need them fast. Tampa currently sits three points behind the third-place Maple Leafs but have played four more games than Toronto. Getting back into the playoff picture is still a possibility for the Lightning but they cannot afford to get back into a slump. 

The Lightning have actually looked much better in their last two games, matching the physicality of bigger opponents while still incorporating speed into the gameplan. Although Tampa Bay has been able to control the pace for most of the game, careless mistakes have taken their toll and have been costly.

If the Lightning can find a way to eliminate the poor decisions and turnovers, they have the ability to go on a long win streak. 

Sharks Outlook

After 44 games played this season, the Sharks find themselves sitting in third place in the Pacific Division, ahead of the Calgary Flames by three points. Reaching the top of the Pacific has to be the goal for the team that represented the Western Conference in the Stanley Cup and it is still very much a realistic possibility. The SAP Center has been kind to the Sharks this season as they are 15-6-1 on home ice.

As has been the case with the other teams on this road trip, the Sharks strength lies in their defense. San Jose is only allowing 2.32 goals against which is the fourth-best number in the league. 

Final Words

The Lightning have looked pretty good in the first two games of this six-game road trip. However, there are still four games to go and we all know that things can change on a dime for this organization. 

If the team can clean up a few of those costly mistakes and maintain the level of play they have been experiencing, a win in San Jose becomes very possible.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 8:58 pm