Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

214 Is Going Down

csd9013
    csd9013

214 Is Going Down Empty 214 Is Going Down

Post by csd9013 Thu 19 Jan 2017, 8:04 am

I heard something over the radio a few weeks ago, the like of which I’ve never heard before — and certainly never want to hear again. I heard the last words of the pilot on No. 214, a big jet plane that crashed to earth with 81 persons aboard.

Because of the weather conditions the planes were “stacked” rather high around the Philadelphia airport, so the airport tower had just asked him: “Do you want to go on or do you want to hold?” The pilot had barely replied that he wanted to “hold,” when he said something about his big Boeing 707 being on fire! Then came the awful words: “We’re going down. Two fourteen is going down in flames.” He said it calmly, and the Philadelphia tower answered back: “We have your message, two fourteen.”

Just imagine, hearing the actual last words which the pilot uttered while he and eighty others were being hurled more than 5,000 feet to their death amid the flaming parts of their stricken plane!

Yet, one does not have to be in a plane to meet death suddenly. He can stumble off a curb and be killed or die suddenly in a hundred different ways.

The important thing is to be ready. We do not wish to frighten people into accepting Christ as Savior, but it is a fact that we ought to think more than we do about the uncertainty of life. Prov. 22:3 says: “A wise man foreseeth the evil and hideth himself, but fools pass on and are punished.”

No wonder Paul wrote in II Corinthians 6:

“We then as workers together with Him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain…. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation” (II Cor. 6:1,2).

We cannot offer salvation yesterday, for yesterday is passed. Nor can we promise it for tomorrow, for the opportunity may be withdrawn by then. The best we can do is to tell you that God loves you, and that Christ died for you, and urge you to act upon this now.

“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

214 Is Going Down Empty Re: 214 Is Going Down

Post by Neno Thu 19 Jan 2017, 6:31 pm

We cannot offer salvation yesterday, for yesterday is passed. Nor can we promise it for tomorrow, for the opportunity may be withdrawn by then. The best we can do is to tell you that God loves you, and that Christ died for you, and urge you to act upon this now.

Is now the top forum on NNP, NOW.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Thu 19 Jan 2017, 9:27 pm

Wonderful...always enjoy reading the WORD!!! Thank you csd for posting it!!!
    csd9013
    csd9013

Post by csd9013 Thu 19 Jan 2017, 9:59 pm

I enjoy searching for and posting the devotions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 10:03 pm