Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Minnesota Wild

jedi17
    jedi17

Minnesota Wild  Empty Minnesota Wild

Post by jedi17 Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Not the Result But Good Signs in Loss
    January 23, 2017, 1:24 PM ET [3 Comments]
    Dan Wallace
    Minnesota Wild  Min Minnesota Wild Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Whenever Darcy Kuemper gets the start in goal for the Wild the fans tend to blame him if the team loses. Well last night it was not Kuemper that caused the loss. It was a team effort that came up short. I will actually look at the other side of the ice and give the Predators their fair share of credit for the win.

Nashville outshot the Wild 31-23 in the game, and 22-13 over the final two periods. We all know what they say about excuses, but the Wild were playing their 3rd game in four nights. Yes, all three were at home but fatigue does take a toll on the team both mentally and physically. No excuses were made by the team as it is all part of the 82 game schedule and every team deals with the same scenarios. 

The point is, to not just haphazardly place the blame on Kuemper. He is a young backup NHL goalie trying to find his way to be more consistent. That is a very difficult task when one plays behind one of the elite goalies in the NHL and plays once every few weeks.

Kuemper is finding his way and his last few outings have been rather strong considering the difficult circumstances he is operating in.

The next positive is the play of Jason Pominville, who has been a very consistent performer in his own end of the ice all season. But we all know that Pominville was brought to Minnesota to score goals and be an offensive weapon for the Wild. Well the last few games have seen his offense come around and his overall game is also up several notches from where it was for much of the early season. Pominville scored a nice goal last night and now has 2 goals to go along with 7 assists over the last nine Wild games.

In order for teams to be consistent and to remain at or near the top of the standings they must get contributions from everyone. Seeing Pominville and Kuemper contributing will go a long way for this Wild team as they grow together throughout the second half of the season.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am