Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Colorado Avalanche

jedi17
    jedi17

Colorado Avalanche  Empty Colorado Avalanche

Post by jedi17 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 2:58 pm

Martin solid in debut, OT loss
    January 22, 2017, 3:23 PM ET [11 Comments]
    Rick Sadowski
    Colorado Avalanche  Col Colorado Avalanche Blogger • Avalanche Insider • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Progress for the Avalanche is gaining a point.

They lost for the fifth consecutive time Saturday in San Jose, but picked up their first point in as many games with a 3-2 overtime loss to the Sharks.

Goalie Spencer Martin had 27 saves in his NHL debut and might have gotten a win but for the usual Avalanche blunders, which included a botched line change in the extra period.

"I thought Spencer Martin was great for us in goal," coach Jared Bednar told reporters. "He looked calm, cool, collected the whole game.”

David Schlemko put in the rebound of Logan Couture's shot at 1:18 for the winning goal while Matt Duchene was racing in from the bench to cover him after Nathan MacKinnon inexplicably was leaving the ice while the puck was in the Avalanche end.

In the first period, Joel Ward was left open in the slot to convert Joe Thornton's pass when defensemen Patrick Wiercioch and Nikita Zadorov both went to cover a Shark in the corner. Francois Beauchemin was off for high-sticking at the time.

In the second, Melker Karlsson redirected Ryan Carpenter’s shot after Martin wasn't able to play the puck behind the net and a Cody Goloubef turnover.

The Avalanche got goals from Mikhail Grigorenko in the second period and Beauchemin in the third. MacKinnon, who passed up a shot on a 2-on-1 rush in overtime, had seven shots on goal.

Colorado went 0-1-1 on the trip, which started with a 2-1 loss in Anaheim when the Ducks scored with 2:02 left in regulation.

The Avalanche didn't practice Sunday and will have a morning skate Monday before playing the Sharks again at the Pepsi Center.

“It's the biggest thrill of my life so far," Martin said of his debut. "I'll never forget it. The first few minutes were tough, but after that I settled in."

The Avalanche, who are 2-14-1 in the past 17 games, were without Tyson Barrie and Rene Bourque, both because of lower-body injuries. Semyon Varlamov (groin) has been shut down until at least after next weekend's All-Star festivities.

"I think you got a desperate team," Sharks coach Peter DeBoer said of the Avalanche. "They're better than their record, they're very skilled. For us, this is a tough game. This was our fifth game in eight nights. It was ugly, but we found a way."

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:13 am