Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US refugee ban: Canada's Justin Trudeau takes a stand

Lobo
    Lobo

US refugee ban: Canada's Justin Trudeau takes a stand Empty US refugee ban: Canada's Justin Trudeau takes a stand

Post by Lobo Sun 29 Jan 2017, 3:45 pm

US refugee ban: Canada's Justin Trudeau takes a stand

• 29 January 2017

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has taken a stand on social media against the temporary US ban on refugees and immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries.
    Mr Trudeau underscored his government's commitment to bringing in "those fleeing persecution, terror & war".
    The US Department of Homeland Security said the entry ban would also apply to dual nationals of the seven countries.
    However, Mr Trudeau's office says Canadian dual nationals are exempt.
    "We have been assured that Canadian citizens travelling on Canadian passports will be dealt with in the usual process," a spokeswoman for Mr Trudeau said in an emailed statement.
    US President Donald Trump's National Security Adviser Mike Flynn "confirmed that holders of Canadian passports, including dual citizens, will not be affected by the ban," the statement said.
    Canada's Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen is a dual national who arrived as a Somali refugee.

Within hours, Mr Trudeau's tweets had been shared more than 150,000 times.
    "Welcome to Canada" also became a trending term in the country.
    Mr Trudeau, who gained global attention for granting entry to nearly 40,000 Syrian refugees to Canada over the past 13 months, also sent a pointed tweet that showed him greeting a young refugee at a Canadian airport in 2015.
    On Friday, Mr Trump signed an executive order suspending entry to the US from Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Iran, Somalia, Libya, and Yemen for 90 days.
    The US's entire refugee admissions programme has also been suspended for 120 days. Those fleeing Syria as refugees are banned until further notice.
    http://world.einnews.com/article/364128617/h-4QVr-TlKKmdG76?lcf=ZX9dkeSQfK-5FADPuwjBkQ%3D%3D

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:33 pm