Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Curried Carrot Puree

Lobo
    Lobo

Curried Carrot Puree Empty Curried Carrot Puree

Post by Lobo Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:22 pm

Curried Carrot Puree Img89l
    Curried Carrot Puree

Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Curry powder and orange juice add flavor and vibrancy to this earthy carrot soup, which can be served hot or chilled. To mix it up, try a touch of ground cinnamon or ginger in place of or in addition to the curry powder.

Ingredients:

• 1 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
    • 1 large shallot, minced
    • 1 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
    • 1 tsp. curry powder
    • 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
    • 2 Tbs. fresh orange juice

• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, warm the 1 Tbs. olive oil. Add the shallot and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots, curry powder and broth, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the orange juice. Let cool slightly.

Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

The soup can be served warm or chilled. To serve warm, return the soup to the pot and gently warm over medium heat. To serve chilled, let the soup cool, transfer to a covered container, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight. Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day, by Kate McMillan (Weldon Owen, 2012).

Related Tips

All About Carrots

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 3:01 am