Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

I don’t like messy

csd9013
    csd9013

I don’t like messy Empty I don’t like messy

Post by csd9013 Tue 21 Feb 2017, 7:11 am

I have a confession to make: I don’t like messy. Messiness drives me crazy. Right now my truck has some dirt in the floorboard, the windows have smudges, it’s dirty and it’s driving me bonkers.

But, messiness is part of life, even if messiness drives me crazy.

The problem with this is that people are messy. I’m a pastor. That would seem to pose an issue. But people are a different kind of messy. I’m not talking about the dirt messy.

In Jonah chapter 1 we see Jonah clearly go in a different direction from the city he was sent to by God. Oh Jonah. That city was messy. It was a place called Nineveh and it wasn’t a vacation destination.

Jonah’s first choice was to run from the mess.

But God demonstrated to us through Jesus that we are to run into the mess.
    “-BUT God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8

That comma is in a great place isn’t it? A great place to pause and let that sink in.

I know people are messy because I know I’m messy. I am thankful that Jesus ran into my mess.

In the book Just Walk Across The Room, Bill Hybels asks a question, “What if redirecting a persons eternity was as simple as walking across a room?”

God did not call believers to side step, turn from or ignore the mess. He called us to walk into it.

Who’s mess do you need to run to today?

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 11:02 pm