Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:15 pm

G60 New Jersey Devils vs Ottawa Senators: Cammalleri draws back in
    February 21, 2017, 11:17 AM ET [33 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
     New Jersey Devils Nj New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

Tonight the New Jersey Devils will host the Ottawa Senators for the second time in a week.

The Senators blanked the Devils, 3-0, last time out in a very slow-paced, low-event game and it's safe to expect more of the same this evening.

The Devils don't exactly open things up and play firewagon hockey in the best of times and the Senators are good at slowing down teams that do. 

With the Senators running into some serious injury problems -- Mark Stone, Bobby Ryan, Mike Hoffman, and Tommy Wingels are all banged up -- you'd have to believe they'll be even more adamant about keeping the pace of play slow. 

When there is a talent deficiency you don't want to play a back and forth game, allowing it to show through. Without those four, the Devils are the more talented side so the best way for the Sens to keep up is to slow things down. We'll see if they can do it.

Here are the expected line combinations for New Jersey:

Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri
    Pavel Zacha - Adam Henrique - P.A. Parenteau
    Mike Cammalleri - Jacob Josefson - Stefan Noesen 
    Miles Wood - Joseph Blandisi - Devante Smith-Pelly

Andy Greene - Ben Lovejoy
    Kyle Quincey - Damon Severson
    Jon Merrill - Steve Santini

Cory Schneider

And the expected lines for the Senators (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Note: no lines have been reported post-injuries. Injured players asterisked. 

Ryan Dzingel - Derick Brassard - Mark Stone**
    Mike Hoffman** - Kyle Turris - Zack Smith
    Tom Pyatt - J.G. Pageau - Curtis Lazar
    ** - Chris Kelly - Chris Neil

Marc Methot - Erik Karlsson
    Dion Phaneuf - Cody Ceci
    Mark Borowiecki - Chris Wideman
    Fredrik Claesson

Craig Anderson

A few notes:

1) The Devils are tied for 27th in 5v5 goals over the last 10 games while the Sens are tied for 24th. With the Devils struggling, and the Sens missing several key contributors, there probably won't be much offense in this one -- at least at full-strength.

2) Hall has taken his game up a notch of late registering nine points and 36 shots over his last nine games. 

3) Karlsson has seven points and 18 shots over his last five games. With several key forwards out the Sens will look to Karlsson to be even more involved and help them create offense.

Tonight's game is scheduled for 7:00 and can be seen on MSG+, RDS2 and TSN5.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 12:59 am