Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Boston Bruins

jedi17
    jedi17

Boston Bruins Empty Boston Bruins

Post by jedi17 Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:20 pm

Bruins and Avalanche can't agree on trade demands
    February 21, 2017, 5:42 AM ET [16 Comments]
    Ty Anderson
     Boston Bruins Bos Boston Bruins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Be sure to 'like' Hockeybuzz on Facebook!

It appears that the long awaited blockbuster trade between the surging Boston Bruins and just straight-up awful Colorado Avalanche is going to be put on hold for a while, if not permanently. 

This not a surprise. 

Despite the rumors and excitement that came with Joe Sakic and other members of the Avs’ cabinet coming to town for last week’s Bruins-Canadiens game -- and Sakic talking with B’s general manager Don Sweeney in near secrecy for the entire second intermission of that game -- the B’s and Avs have played a three-month long tug of war that’s centered around an ask that the B’s won’t meet. 

The biggest piece of a deal involving the two has been Gabriel Landeskog from Colorado’s end, and first-year pro Brandon Carlo from the Bruins. But that’s not going to work for the Bruins, who do not want to part with the 20-year-old Carlo, nor will a shoddy return on Landeskog work for the Avs. 

One league source confirmed that Carlo is close to ‘untouchable’, noting that the club would not move him for the Jets’ Jacob Trouba, so moving him for a forward was almost always ‘out of the question’. 

The Bruins, riding a four-game win streak (otherwise known as a perfect record under interim head coach Bruce Cassidy), will have four more games to play before the Mar. 1 trade deadline. 

Sweeney is believed to be looking for either a secondary scoring presence to bolster his second or third line, or a young defenseman with more than a one year left on his contract. From the sounds of it, the Bruins are not overly keen on paying a high price for an expiring contract given the assets they would likely have to part with after moving a combined four draft picks during last year’s trade deadline deals for rental forward Lee Stempniak and defenseman John-Michael Liles. 

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:25 am