Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Good News of What You Can’t Do

csd9013
    csd9013

The Good News of What You Can’t Do Empty The Good News of What You Can’t Do

Post by csd9013 Wed 22 Feb 2017, 7:18 am

Acts 1-4

When Jesus called his disciples, they took a radical first step and left what they were doing, and started following Jesus, learning from him, watching him and even participating. But being all-in has more to do with belief than it does actions. The thing that separates phase 3 (taking actions) from phase 4 is that a Christian who has gone all-in really does believe that Jesus is who he says he is and that he really will do all that he promised us he would do.

It took some time for Peter to get there. In fact, it probably wasn’t until several years in that we can see Peter start to get there and then some time later after the resurrection that we could properly call him all-in (see Acts 1-4).

Here are a few characteristics of an all-in believer:
    They trust God with their whole lives, not just the easy parts
    They belong to a local church and participate in the body of believers community 
    They seek out ways to give, serve, and pour into others Monday-Saturday, not just on Sundays
    Jesus is submitted to (to the best of our flawed ability) in parenting, finances, careers, relationships, and every other area of life
    The goal is not heaven, it’s to become more and more like Jesus
    Those are just a few. The bottom line is that an all-in follower of Jesus submits their life to being made more and more into the image of God and then seeks to reflect that image to others and in every area of life.

Now here’s the bad news; you can’t do this.

Actually that’s really good news. It’s Christ in you through you and the power of the Holy Spirit in you that we lean on to transform us from the inside out.

If you’re not there yet, don’t worry. It’s a process that can take time. Press into the Holy Spirit more and more, lean on him and trust him to do a good work in you. God is completing the good works he has started in you in due time.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 3:02 am