Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Anaheim Ducks

jedi17
    jedi17

Anaheim Ducks Empty Anaheim Ducks

Post by jedi17 Wed 22 Feb 2017, 8:41 pm

The Importance of Starting On Time, B's in the OC, Questions
    February 22, 2017, 1:56 PM ET [11 Comments]
    Ed Stein
    Anaheim Ducks Ana Anaheim Ducks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Duck Talk

I wanted to take a second to thank everyone who participated in yesterday's discussion thread. It can be fun to speculate on what the master poker face Bob Murray may or may not do in the next week.

Cold Start

Someone must have forgotten to inform the Ducks what time the last game started. Anaheim was over 15 game minutes into it when the team decided to show up. By then it was too late, they were down 3-0. It happens, but there are a few issues that need to be addressed.

* The power play continues to be a sore spot. Anaheim was blanked on the man advantage for the eight straight game that they had an opportunity. Since December 30, the Ducks are seven for 65, a rate of 10.8%; dead last in the league.

* Penalties are going to break this team. Over the same time period the Ducks were shorthanded 81 times, second most in the NHL. The PK unit has been fantastic, but eventually that differential catches up with a team.

* Jonathan Bernier was blown up again. His clunkers are becoming more frequent than his gems.

* Ryan Getzlaf scored both goals for the Ducks, kudos to him; but he must stop the blind back hand and drop passes. The reward isn't worth the risk.

* Anaheim has a habit lately of making other teams backup goalies look like all-stars. Hats off to Marek Langenhammer and James Reimer, but the former came in cold to his first NHL contest and the latter is a career backup.

Not So Fast My Friend

Although they currently hold third place in the Pacific, its not a sure bet that the Ducks are playoff bound. The teams closest to them in the division and wild card all have games in hand on Anaheim. A continued Ducks scoring drought combined with some other team's hot streak spells trouble. The sky isn't falling, but the message should be a rallying cry. The second season is not a given, its earned every game.

Boston @ Ducks

The Boston Bruins are in town. Its a big contest at the Honda Center tonight, both teams are are in the thick of the playoff race in their respective conferences. If for nothing else, a goalie duel between Tukka Rask and John Gibson should be worth the price of admission. Earlier today Nic Kerdiles was recalled from the minors. Antoine Vermette is still suspended, so its between Kerdiles and Jared Boll for the final active slot. More than likely Korbinian Holzer sits out this game as a healthy scratch. 

Forwards
    Ritchie-Getzlaf-Kase
    Cramarosa-Rakell-Perry
    Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
    Shaw-Thompson-Boll/Kerdiles

Defensemen
    Fowler-Vatanen
    Lindholm-Manson
    Bieksa-Montour

Goalies
    Gibson
    Bernier

Scratches
    Holzer
    Vermette

Questions

This is the second to last game for the Ducks before their five day hiatus. If you have any questions for me (preferably about the Ducks), I'll have an ask Ed piece early next week. Please PM me by using the contact link under my name.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 2:36 am