Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Devils play best game of the season, still fall to undermanned Sens
    February 22, 2017, 10:58 AM ET [26 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
     New Jersey Devils  Nj New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

1) The New Jersey Devils are not a playoff team in any sense of the word. They're way out of the race -- SportsClubStats gives them below a 1% chance of qualifying -- and even if they miraculously​ made it, they'd just be stomped by the powerhouse Washington Capitals or Pittsburgh Penguins in round one.

That's why last night's loss was perfect. The Devils were absolutely dominant for the final 50 minutes and young players such as Damon Severson, Miles Wood, Steve Santini and Joseph Blandisi played a key role in that. Just look at these numbers.

The Devils had strong performances all throughout the lineup and they still didn't get a win, which is great. Unless they win 16 or 17 of their final 22 games, all winning will do is negatively impact their draft slot.

If the draft was being held today the Devils would pick 7th, assuming they don't win the lottery, but they're only four points away from picking 3rd and having a legitimate shot at moving up to 1st or 2nd. Adding a young, future star who could play in the NHL as soon as next season would be big for this team.

2) I thought Blandisi did a lot of good things against the Senators. He made a perfect pass to give Wood a great look in front (see below), he crashed the net helping the Devils create their lone goal, and he was good in possession. His play did not go unnoticed as John Hynes gave him some shifts in the top-6 once Pavel Zacha went down with an injury. Blandisi was also used as an extra attacker and given 15:30 of ice time, the most he's played in any game this season.

3) Wood was another guy who really stood out. He was absolutely flying around the ice and he created quite a few chances for teammates to go along with the 600 he had himself.

4) Kyle Quincey actually looked fairly good playing alongside Damon Severson. They spent most of their time in the offensive zone and any time Quincey found himself in trouble trying to break out he simply slid it over to Severson and let him do the heavy lifting. That's good, though. Severson is capable of moving the puck whereas Quincey isn't the best at it. Trying to force the issue would only make him look bad and deflate his value. Wouldn't want that!

5) Never break up the Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri line. They are fantastic together and control play regardless of opponent on a nightly basis. Also: get rid of the puck as fast as you can when Palmieri is coming at you with a head of steam.

6) The Devils won the shot attempt battle 36-6(!) and the scoring chance battle 16-1(!!!) with Cody Ceci on the ice at 5v5. That's as bad of a stat line as I've seen all season. Remember that time the Lightning wanted Ceci for Jonathan Drouin and the Sens wouldn't pull the trigger?

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:44 am