Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Inconvenience

csd9013
    csd9013

Inconvenience Empty Inconvenience

Post by csd9013 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 8:08 am

Luke 5:4-5
    4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
    5 Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
    One thing that I understand well about myself is that I do not do well with inconvenience. They frustrate me and toss out the rhythm of my well-planned out days. Call me OCD if you like, but when there’s a schedule, I like to be on it and on time with it.

However, the longer I follow Jesus, the more that I am learning that divine inconvenience speaks to a greater purpose. Some things are just plain inconvenient and not of the Lord, but there are other things that are “divine inconveniences” like Peter’s encounter with Jesus.

In the moment, Peter probably had no idea what hang in the balance by casting his nets again. Peter showed Jesus a willingness to “just see”. Just see what happens by saying yes…to just see what happens if you listen to his voice and do what he says. Even if it sounds and feels crazy; even if it’s inconvenient.

Peter responded to this inconvenience by saying, “at your word I will let down my nets.”
    What inconvenience are you facing or that you know is coming that could be a divine inconvenience? Even though it’s going to throw out your schedule, can you say to Jesus, “at your would I will….” ?

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:08 am