Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 8:25 pm

Game Night - Desperately Seekling 2 Points
    February 23, 2017, 11:42 AM ET [9 Comments]
    Nashville Predators 24Paul McCann
    Nashville Predators Nas Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    After Tuesday night’s disappointing roller coaster of an OT loss, the Predators are back in action tonight against the Colorado Avalanche. The Predators are locked in a win one - lose one cycle that will not lead to success, let alone a playoff spot. Tonight is the final meeting between Nashville and Colorado and the Preds have the chance to sweep the season series.  

Starting with pre-season coaching drama, Colorado has simply had a disaster of a season and is a seller in the upcoming trade deadline. The target of much trade speculation is Matt Duchene, the Av’s leading goal scorer, even going as far as speculating a potential Nashville trade, but the asking price is high… frankly, too high as it is speculated to be a top four defenseman, a highly ranked prospect and a top round draft pick… ummm… Duchene is good, but I am not sure he is THAT good.

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before… The Avalanche need help on the blue… ohh… you have heard that before. You have heard it for years now and the Av’s just don’t seem to be addressing it… until now. I’m not sure if it is “blow it up” time in the Rockies… but something has to be done. You wonder if Patrick Roy was really smart when he recognized that things weren’t going to be addressed and gave up the head coaching job.

For Nashville, it’s time to get over the hump. The team is playing well for the most part… except for horrendous goaltending luck on Tuesday night… I’m sure both Rinne and Saros want a couple of those back, but it seemed almost every goal was a fluke bounce… that being said… playing well is not enough… getting two points is all that matters right now and the team needs to bust through this whole mental thing and string together some wins.

Of course the team picks a tough time to need that string… Colorado tonight sure… but then a stretch of Washington, Edmonton, @ Buffalo, @ Montreal, Chicago, @ Anaheim, @ LA and @ San Jose, one of the toughest stretches of the season as every one of those teams is either in a playoff spot or in serious contention for one. Never the easy path for Pred Nation.

Game time is 7pm tonight, limited tickets remain.

-------------------------------------

Random Notes

- Where We Stand – After yesterday’s play, the Nashville Predators have 65 points in 59 games played and are 4th in the Central Division. Nashville trails 3rd place St. Louis by a two points with a game in hand. Nashville has the first wild card slot, Calgary has the second. Per sportsclubstats.com, the Predators playoff chances are at 78.3%...  

- Filip Forsberg’s hattie Tuesday night was his second of the season, third of his career.

- Nice to see PK Subban get back in the goal column… so far his first period goal on Tuesday hasn’t been changed to anyone else.

- All of a sudden, it is hip to hate on Ryan Johansen… I don’t get it. He is doing the job he was hired to do, is great in the room and great in the community. I just don’t get it, a center is a setup man… and that’s what he does, leading the team is assists by a wide margin. I guess some people just have to have someone to hate on to feel superior.

- St. Louis is on their bye week right now and is not back in action until Sunday night at Chicago. Nashville has a chance to get a solid lead in the division over the next three games.

- Six games in the NHL tonight, all times CST – 6:30pm – NYI @ MTL, CGY @ TBL, NYR @ TOR. 7pm – COL @ NSH. 7:30pm – ARI @ CHI. 9:30pm – BOS @ LAK.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 2:00 am