Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Should the Blues keep Shattenkirk for a playoff run?

jedi17
    jedi17

Should the Blues keep Shattenkirk for a playoff run? Empty Should the Blues keep Shattenkirk for a playoff run?

Post by jedi17 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

Should the Blues keep Shattenkirk for a playoff run?
    February 23, 2017, 11:26 AM ET [16 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

In this edition of the hotstove, we discuss whether the St. Louis Blues should trade Kevin Shattenkirk, as planned, or hang onto him now that they've won seven of 10 and look like a team capable of going on a run.

Todd Cordell

Unless the Blues feel they have a legitimate chance of re-signing Shattenkirk, I still think they should trade him. 

Last year alone the Blues lost David Backes, Troy Brouwer, and Brian Elliott to free agency for nothing. I think the two power forwards are overrated, however, there is no doubt the Blues could have fetched solid returns had they shopped those guys at last year's deadline. Those are exactly the types of players GMs go nuts for, as evident by the contracts they landed in free agency.

Each case needs to be looked at individually, however, you can only give so many guys away for nothing before it starts to catch up with you. If the Blues can get, say, a 1st round pick and/or high-end prospect for giving up on Shattenkirk two months early, I think that's the way to go.

James Tanner

The Blues should keep Shattenkirk. With three legit #1 Dmen, they could easily be one of the NHL's best teams. They're deep at forward, the defense is awesome and if Jake Allen gives them OK goaltending then they are a legit contender. 

Best to hang onto Shattenkirk and try to win. You don't get too many opportunities to do so.

Peter Tessier

While the Blues are an improved team is this just the natural bump that comes with a coaching change? The Blues have been the same team for some time- never really good enough to contend with the heavyweights of the west I don't think Yeo in charge changes that. So yes they should sell Shattenkirk and do it soon. Get the return and get moving because if he's not in the future plans then you don't need him now regardless of what the team looks like compared to before.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 10:26 pm