Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Nobody saw that, right?

csd9013
    csd9013

Nobody saw that, right? Empty Nobody saw that, right?

Post by csd9013 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 7:45 am

Who are we really? Ya know, when no one is watching?

We live in a narcissistic world. A world of selfies. An age where anything we want is immediately at our finger tips: information, processed foods, sex, entertainment, you name it. We live in a world where bragging and embellishing is considered normal. (Didn't bragging used to be considered rude)? How is a Christian to navigate in such a world? If we indulge but no one knows, does it matter? What if I put on my nicest clothes every Sunday and Wednesday and go to church? No one has to know who I really am, right?

Let's look at some clues from our Holy Bible. 

What kind of attitude should we have when we give? (2 Corinthians 9: 6, 7) Should we pray and fast on street corners, or hidden away in closets? (Matthew 6:6) Will God accept you if you have one foot in church and the other foot in the adversary 's world? (Revelations 3:15-22)

When Christ came to the world from heaven as a baby, He was still equal to God. He unselfishly gave up His position; He was not forcefully removed. My King came to be a servant, and as a demonstration of strength and power, He died a humiliating death. Let this mind be in you. For joy, the Spirit and His people should have one mind. (Philippines 2:1-11)Jesus's love for people did not keep Him from telling the truth, even if it meant offending them.

To be a Christian means to die to my own agenda. (Mark 8:34) I must fully rely on God to change my heart. (Consider the promise made in Ezekiel 36:24-30) Btw, this isn't something we do on our own. God does this work in us. For example, it wasn't Noah who closed the ark. ( Genesis 7:16) God begins it, God equips us, God finishes it. God always has the final say.

And why would a person care more about what God thinks than what people think? What is our motivation for God to change us? What profit do we get? (Continue the passage. Mark 8:35-9:1) Those who endure will receive everlasting life. (Revelations 14:12, Matthew 24:12-14).
    pmedic05
    pmedic05
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Nobody saw that, right? Empty Re: Nobody saw that, right?

Post by pmedic05 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 10:38 am

amen
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Sat 25 Feb 2017, 3:10 pm

Working on that very transformation.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 4:36 pm

Very powerful...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:05 pm