Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+5
charlie
ron-man
Screwball
mochasmom
weslin3
9 posters

Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days

weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days - Page 2 Empty Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days

Post by weslin3 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 6:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20130731-711740.
    July 31, 2013, 10:32 a.m. ET
    Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days

By Matthew Walter 

Foreign exchange traders are gearing up for an unusually tight schedule of market-moving events in the next few days that may provide a welcome jolt to the currency market.

The dollar's big rally seen earlier this year has stalled, and the greenback has traded in a relatively narrow band against the yen and other currencies since early July. But traders say the quick succession of central bank meetings and key economic data releases on the docket this week may lead to abrupt moves in the dollar, euro and yen.

"It's monster stuff" coming out in the next few days, said John Netto, president of M3 Capital, a proprietary trading firm based in New York, who is betting the dollar will fall this week.

Monetary policy meetings decisions are scheduled from the Federal Reserve on Wednesday and the Bank of England and European Central Bank on Thursday. Those announcements alone would typically be enough to put currency traders on guard, but they're also reacting to Wednesday morning's report on the pace of second-quarter economic growth and will need to digest a widely watched snapshot of the U.S. labor market on Friday, among other data releases.

"There's a lot of new information coming into the market, from policy decisions...to macroeconomic figures," said Helie d'Hautefort, chief investment officer at Geneva-based Optim Invest, which advises clients on $2.7 billion worth of investments and recently launched a fund that trades currencies. "We can have some very important moves."

With such a large binary risk that major currencies such as the euro or dollar could move sharply higher or lower, Mr. d'Hautefort said he prefers not to bet either way. Instead, he's invested this week in hedging instruments--currency options to be specific--that will pay off if market volatility surges in the coming days.

For certain types of investors that specialize is quick, tactical trading, the next few days present a rare opportunity.

While the Fed, Bank of England and ECB are widely expected to leave policy unchanged, traders will parse through their statements for clues about policy adjustments expected later in the year. Speculation about when the Fed will begin to scale back its $85 billion a month in bond purchases shook financial markets earlier this year.

Ahead of Wednesday morning's report on second-quarter Gross Domestic Product, Mr. Netto of M3 Capital was betting that the report would come up short, giving the Fed room to continue its bond buying for longer. Instead, the economy grew 1.7% in the period, shattering the consensus forecast from a Dow Jones survey that called for a 0.9% growth rate in the quarter.

"The market is leaning the other way, and I like taking those shots because they provide tremendous upside," Mr. Netto said.

Quin Kelley, co-founder and managing director at Holland Global Trading LLC, is among the investors expecting the dollar to rebound before the week's end. Uncertainty about the Fed's next move has triggered a significant unwind of bets on a stronger dollar, and the greenback has fallen 2.9% versus the yen since July 8 to Y98.06. Mr. Kelly expects the Fed to give a relatively neutral statement, leaving expectations that its bond-buying will be tapered later this year intact.

"The past couple of months, when we get these [Fed] statements...it seems to be a catalyst for the dollar to take a new direction," Mr. Kelley said.

Write to Matthew Walter at Matthew.Walter@wsj.com
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days - Page 2 Empty Re: Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days

Post by weslin3 Thu 19 Jan 2017, 9:06 am

Interesting....  hum Thanks tran.njoc
    tran.njoc
    tran.njoc
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days - Page 2 Empty Re: Forex Traders Brace for `Monster` Next Few Days

Post by tran.njoc Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:53 am

Very interesting. Forex is very popular among the traders and more and more people joining it. With Forex trading you can make huge profit and can make money but you need to have good knowledge and skills which will help you to trade Forex successfully.
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Wed 22 Mar 2017, 8:21 am

Wow 2013 thread!
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by duck2000 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 8:42 am

so this is spam?
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:28 pm

Wow duck.. I hope not... Just saw that I posted it... Don't even remember it.. lol!
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm

weslin3 wrote:Wow duck.. I hope not... Just saw that I posted it... Don't even remember it.. lol!

the thread which was started was not spam, however the same member has been digging up old articles which involve the Forex, and then adds a link to the end of his comments, Neno has spoken to him before, I have today deleted the links as per forum rules and sent him a PM which he has not responded to, however shortly after the PM i did get a negative vote......good for me....lol
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:08 pm

Oh ok... Thanks jedi... Was hoping I didn't have spam posted... Obvious where the - came from. Huh?
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:41 pm

it was a little obvious Weslin...lol....i guess i can rub some ppl the wrong way at times....oh well.  But your original topic was good.....no problems there :)
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:50 pm

I kinda do that some myself jedi... 306

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 12:06 am