Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Lungs produce blood or how did we miss such a crucial biological process this whole time?

Lobo
    Lobo

Lungs produce blood or how did we miss such a crucial biological process this whole time? Empty Lungs produce blood or how did we miss such a crucial biological process this whole time?

Post by Lobo Thu 04 May 2017, 10:51 am

Lungs produce blood or how did we miss such a crucial biological process this whole time?

By
    Strange Sounds
    -
    May 4, 2017

Scientists have revealed that the lungs play a previously unrecognized role in blood production.

So how did we miss such a crucial biological process this whole time?

In a new research paper entitled ‘The lung is a site of platelet biogenesis and a reservoir for haematopoietic progenitors’, scientists working at UC San Francisco explain how using video microscopy in a living mouse lung, they discovered that the lungs play a previously unrecognized role in blood production.
    Lungs produce blood or how did we miss such a crucial biological process this whole time? Lungs-produce-bloodNew scietific discovery: Lungs produce blood
    While the lungs have been known to produce a limited amount of platelets, this new scientific discovery shows that lungs are responsible for the production of more than 10 million platelets (tiny blood cells) per hour, equating to the majority of platelets in the animals’ circulation. Therefore, these results go against the decades-long assumption that bone marrow produces all of our blood components.
    So how did we miss such a crucial biological process this whole time?
    Now watch the difference between a healthy and a smoker lung.
    http://strangesounds.org/2017/05/lungs-produce-blood-surprising-function-video.html

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:40 am