Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Sun 03 Sep 2017, 6:02 pm

Five to Watch in Rookie Camp
    September 3, 2017, 10:03 AM ET [0 Comments]
    Paul McCann
    Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Hockey season is now within grasp as the rookie report to Nashville on Thursday, finishing the shortest offseason in franchise history. The rookies will be on ice at Centennial Sportsplex on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning before departing for Florida and the annual tournament at German Arena in Estero. The rookies will play on Saturday against Tampa Bay, Sunday against Florida and Tuesday against Washington before returning home to prep for the veterans report date. All rookie games will be streamed on NashvillePredators.com.

The roster for rookie camp has been released and I will be keeping an eye on five players specifically… a lot of them from the 2015 draft class.

Alexandre Carrier - After a season in Milwaukee, including a two game cup of coffee in Nashville, this is a prospect that may be ready to make a move this season. Carrier had an excellent year with the Admirals, posting 33 assists and 6 goals last season. Carrier is very mobile, great hands and a killer shot from the point, if undersized a bit… if he reminds you a bit of Ryan Ellis… you would be right. The question is… can he boot one of the other defensemen out of the lineup and take the 6 or 7 spot come opening night?

Samuel Girard - Another high-skill blueliner that is described as “offensive with great defensive instincts.” Hmmmm… sounds like a Predator defenseman alright. Girard, a 2016 2nd round pick is undersized as well, but does not play like it. He is still 19 years old and unless he tears the roof off of training camp, he will return for his last year of Juniors, but this is a plyer who will be in gold very soon.

Jack Dougherty - OK… third straight defenseman in my watch list… gee, whoda thunk it, Nashville being deep in defense prospects. A 2nd round pick in the 2014 entry draft, Dougherty may be the most NHL ready of the three defensemen I am watching. At 6’1” and 195 lbs. he has transitioned his game to the professional level in a short time and may surprise some observers with the growth in his game, especially given the unusual path he has taken thusfar.

Tyler Moy - The 2015 sixth round pick finished his career at Harvard, signed his entry level agreement and played three playoff games with Milwaukee last season. A busy March/April for the 22 year old center. Moy is a bottom six center that has a solid two way game that I anticipate will spend at least a year in Milwaukee. Solid skater, decent scoring touch at times and uses his 6’1”, 200lb frame well.

Yakov Trenin - A player that has been on Pred Nation’s radar for a couple of seasons now, the 2015 2nd round pick from Ruissia has size and skill and Pred fans have had tantalizing tastes of it in a couple of development camps. This 20 year old center will spend the season in Milwaukee unless he muscles his way onto the team in camp… a distinct possibility. Even though the team is planning for this player to be a regular player in a season or so, he has the potential and skill to force Peter Laviolette’s hand in camp.

There are a couple of other names that you may want to keep an eye on, Justin Kirkland, Emil Petterson, Anthony Richard and Pavel Koltygin… all forwards that may make some noise as well.

It’s here folks… enjoy your Labor Day and get ready… because camp finally opens this week!

-----------------------------------

Random Notes

- On ice sessions for training camp begin on September 16th, 9:45am at Centennial.

- The Preds also released their training camp roster, Bobby Butler is back on a PTO as is Jimmy Oligmy, a longtime Preds prospect that has one more shot to solidify a slot with the organization.

- Vancouver has signed Tomas Vanek to a one year deal. Harry Zolnierczk is in Florida on a PTO as well.

11 days until training camp opens
    16 days until the first preseason game
    33 days until the season opener
    39 days until the home opener.

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:06 am