Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

5 posters

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot

day dreamer
    day dreamer
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Empty Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot

Post by day dreamer Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:12 am

<H1>Deadliest sniper in U.S. military history is 'shot and killed point-blank by veteran suffering from PTSD' at Texas gun range

</H1>

• Ex-Navy Seal and New York Times best-selling author Chris Kyle, 39, was reportedly shot along with another man
    • The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, is in police custody after he fled the scene in Kyle's car
    • Kyle is a husband and father of two who served four tours in Iraq and holds the U.S. military record for most sniper kills

By Hayley Peterson

PUBLISHED:01:29 EST, 3 February 2013| UPDATED:02:13 EST, 3 February 2013

A former Navy Seal, expert sniper and best-selling author was reportedly gunned down at a Texas shooting range Saturday by a veteran who is recovering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank around 3:30 p.m. at a charity event on behalf of Kyle's security firm at the gun range at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Erath County.

The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested roughly five hours later in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase. He was driving Kyle's truck at the time of the arrest, police said.

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750A165000005DC-852_634x438
    Ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle, author of 'American Sniper,' and a neighbor of his were shot point-blank by another veteran

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750A18A000005DC-119_634x669
    Kyle, 39, served four tours in Irag and he was awarded two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750C2E7000005DC-692_306x423
    Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750C338000005DC-221_306x423

While in Iraq, Kyle survived being shot twice and he lived through six separate IED explosions as his unit, Charlie company of SEAL Team Three, saw significant combat

Investigators told ABC affiliate WFAA-TV that Routh is a former Marine who was suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Kyle, a husband and father of two, authored the New York Times best-seller 'American Sniper,' which chronicled his four tours in Iraq. The book hit shelves last month.

He recorded more than 150 sniper kills - the most in U.S. military history - between 1999 and 2009.

<p>

More...

His military awards include two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation.

While in Iraq, Kyle survived being shot twice and he lived through six separate IED explosions as his unit, Charlie company of SEAL Team Three, saw significant combat.

Despite the astonishing number of people he has shot, Kyle has said he never second-guessed himself since the first time he had to pull the trigger on a grenade-wielding woman in Iraq.

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750A181000005DC-782_634x448
    Kyle recorded more than 150 sniper kills - the most in U.S. military history - between 1999 and 2009

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750A155000005DC-401_306x464
    Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750A17D000005DC-490_306x464

Kyle, a husband and father of two, authored the New York Times best-seller 'American Sniper,' which chronicled his four tours in Iraq

'It was my duty to shoot the enemy, and I don’t regret it. My regrets are for the people I couldn’t save: Marines, soldiers, buddies. I’m not naive, and I don’t romanticize war,' he told Texas Monthly. 'The worst moments of my life have come as a SEAL. But I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job.'

He left the service in 2009 in order to 'save his marriage' he told his publisher.

After leaving the Navy, he started his own military contracting firm, Craft International, which provides military and law enforcement sniper training, as well as private security and protection.

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750C952000005DC-288_634x468
    After leaving the Navy, he started his own military contracting firm, Craft International, which provides military and law enforcement sniper training

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Article-2272697-1750CF4A000005DC-536_634x387
    This is the Rough Creek Lodge gun range where Kyle was shot

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272697/Deadliest-sniper-U-S-military-history-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-point-blank-veteran-suffering-PTSD-Texas-gun-range.html#ixzz2JrBtBkKT
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272697/Deadliest-sniper-U-S-military-history-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-point-blank-veteran-suffering-PTSD-Texas-gun-range.html#ixzz2JrAxIwMu
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Empty Re: Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot

Post by Neno Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:31 am

Hard to believe this wasn't posted already and that it really happened. The guy arrested was in jail about 5 minutes from my house until they moved him back to Gandview where this occurred. They are saying my wife said, that the three men were at the gun range and that Chis, and his buddy, were working with another friend that went off on them killing them and then fleeing. They caught the guy in Chris's truck on I35 in Lancaster, again 5 minutes up the road from me. I haven't heard yet what caused the guy they were working with to go off on them yet other than he was suffering from PTSD which IMHO has to be more to the story. Said way for this guy Chris Kyle, his life to end. My first thoughts were, Al-Qaeda finally got him here in the US as they had bounties on his head.
    csd9013
    csd9013

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Empty Re: Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot

Post by csd9013 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 12:15 pm

Very sad.
    day dreamer
    day dreamer
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by day dreamer Sun 03 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

This article about Chris is out Iraq newspaper

The killing of "the devil," one of the fiercest American snipers in Iraq

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Media quoted U.S. to highlight the snipers elite naval forces "sills" title militants Iraq "the devil" after he grabbed more than 150 of them died by shooting in Texas.

The reported Hbekta "W. FA any" dry Htc or U "The Marines former, Chris Kyle, 39, is one of two people were killed southwest of the city of" Fort Worth, "but that the security authorities in the region refused to identify Aldhtin, and arrested a former soldier Marines on suspicion of involvement in the incident.
    The Kyle had retired from the Navy in 2009, and introduced in his book "Sniper U.S." his experience in Iraq, where he served four tours, and he allegedly grabbed more than 150 insurgents in Iraq during that period, which was confirmed by the Pentagon, which is a record not recorded any U.S. sniper as he claims.
    The sniper in his book revealed details nickname launched by insurgents in Iraq is "the devil" and monitor the award price on his head.
    And defended in an interview, conducted last year, with "Time" magazine's sister network, for his book, although full of secrecy that envelop the world forces "Alsells" saying: "I have not tried to glorify myself or the number of killed the whole thing revolves around the sacrifices offered by families the military. "

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkitabat.com%2Findex.php%3Fmod%3Dpage%26num%3D3799%26lng%3Dar&act=url
    ksp
    ksp
    Dedicated Investor
    Dedicated Investor

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Empty Jesse Ventura lawsuit

Post by ksp Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_22234453/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-against-ex-navy-seal-will

Jesse Ventura lawsuit against ex-Navy SEAL to proceed, judge says

[email=dhanners@pioneerpress.com?subject=TwinCities.com:]By David Hanners
    dhanners@pioneerpress.com[/email]
    Posted:

12/20/2012 12:01:00 AM CST
    Updated:

12/20/2012 09:10:14 PM CST

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  20121218__121219ventura
    Former Gov. Jesse Ventura is shown at a September event at Macalester College. (Pioneer Press file photo: Jean Pieri)

Related

A federal judge has refused to dismiss most of the claims in
    Jesse Ventura's defamation suit against an ex-Navy SEAL sniper who says
    he punched the former Minnesota governor.

The former sniper, best-selling author Chris Kyle, had asked U.S.
    District Judge Richard Kyle (no relation) to throw out Ventura's claims
    of invasion of privacy and "unjust enrichment," arguing there was no
    legal basis for them. But in a ruling Thursday, Dec. 20, the judge said
    the suit should proceed as-is.

In "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper
    in U.S. Military History," Chris Kyle wrote that he decked someone he
    called "Scruff Face" for being disrespectful at a California bar in
    October 2006.

The book doesn't name Ventura,

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  20121213__121214Ventura%20Book_200
    Book cover for "American Sniper" by Navy SEAL Chris Kyle. (Courtesy photo) but Kyle has acknowledged in interviews that "Scruff Face" is Ventura.
    Ventura -- himself a former member of the Navy's special forces --
    says the punch never happened and sued Kyle for defamation, invasion of
    privacy and wrongly profiting from the story of the punch.

Kyle's attorneys sought to have the latter two claims thrown out. The judge refused.

The author's "argument depends entirely on his own version of the
    facts and ignores Ventura's," the judge wrote in his nine-page order.
    "His statements are not protected by the First Amendment if they were
    knowingly false and defamatory, as Ventura claims."

Similarly, the judge wrote that he couldn't dismiss the claim of unjust enrichment because "it depends on the truth or falsity

of Kyle's statements, which the court cannot decide at this stage."
    The parties have been told to be ready for trial by Aug. 1.

David Hanners can be reached at Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  Numbers_button_skype_logo612-338-6516 .
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Post by Bama Diva Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:33 pm

May he rest in peace. It was a sad day for me when I heard about Chris being killed here in America while trying to help another soldier. There just are no words. I pray for his family.
    day dreamer
    day dreamer
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by day dreamer Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:17 pm

Ex-sniper Chris Kyle spoke of legacy days before his death

By Jason Sickles, Yahoo! | The Lookout – 9 hrs ago

Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot  ChriskyleChris Kyle in April, 2012. (Paul Moseley/Fort Worth Star-Telegram via AP)

American war hero Chris Kyle fortuitously spoke of the legacy he wanted to leave just days before being shot dead by a fellow veteran he was mentoring.

“I would love for people to be able to think of me as a guy who stood up for what he believed in and helped make a difference for the vets,” he told the Texan News Service. “You know, somebody who cared so much about them that he wanted them taken care of.”

That mission was tragically cut short on Saturday when Kyle and another man were killed at a gun range in Central Texas. Police said former Marine Eddie Ray Routh, 25, shot the men, who reportedly were spending the day with Routh in an effort to help with his post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Kyle, a former Navy SEAL recognized as the deadliest sniper in U.S. history, authored the 2012 best-selling book "American Sniper." Five days before his own death, he spoke at length to TNS, an independent Web publication produced by students from Tarleton State University, which Kyle once attended. The 26-minute recorded conversation was likely his last media interview.

The heavily decorated veteran had also spoken about the notoriety brought on by the book, including a recent stint on an NBC reality show featuring war veterans and celebrities. Kyle, who had suffered with his own bouts of PTSD, disclosed that he may not have been ready for the rush of activity tied to the book.

“I'm just trying to get back to normal life,” Kyle said.

He noted that when the book first came out, "I wasn’t in a good place yet in my life or in my head. But since then I’ve definitely gotten my head straight and gotten back to where I should be.”

Kyle attributed his recent happiness to spending more time with his family and his work with other veterans. He proudly talked about taking soldiers suffering from physical and emotional scars on deer hunting trips this past winter. “It sucks to be trapped somewhere,” he said of the hospitalized veterans. “You're just out there being one with the guys again, having fun and cutting up. Being in the outdoors, it seems to really progress their healing process. They get along so much faster to where the hospitals have now said, 'Whenever you want ’em, you just take ’em,' because ... they're just on a high for about two or three weeks.”

The work and outings have helped Kyle, too. “There’s definitely still a lot of hurt from losing my guys or the fact that I got out and I felt like it wasn’t my time yet,” he said. "Being able to do this makes me feel like I’m still a part of it and still giving back.”

Kyle had said he was giving all of his proceeds from “American Sniper” to the families of soldiers he couldn’t save in combat. He said he regularly received tearful calls and letters of thanks.

“That means the world to me,” he told Texas News Service.

Kyle’s book is being made into a movie, but he said he was leaving the heavy lifting to the folks in Hollywood.

“I’m trying to get it to where I spend more time at home, because the whole reason I got out was to be with my family,” he said. “I’m just trying to be the me that I am and not all of this other crap. I just want to be the family man, and if somehow I can make the money to get my ranch and get the hell away from everybody else, that would be awesome.”

Asked at the end of the interview if he had anything else to add, Kyle took a deep sigh and said, “I’m tired.”
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ex-sniper-chris-kyle-spoke-legacy-days-death-185225351.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:01 pm