Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington envoy to press China on currency in Beijing visit

kelnchp
    kelnchp
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Washington envoy to press China on currency in Beijing visit Empty Washington envoy to press China on currency in Beijing visit

Post by kelnchp Sat 09 Nov 2013, 9:19 am

(Reuters) - Washington will dispatch its top financial official to Asia to press China on the value of its currency and convince other Asian nations to reach a deal on a free trade pact by year end, officials said on Friday.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew will visit China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam next week.

Lew will meet with Chinese officials on Friday in Beijing and will discuss China's commitments to reduce the government's role in influencing the exchange rate for the country's yuan currency, a Treasury official said in a call with reporters.

Washington last month said China's currency was substantially undervalued, which makes Chinese imports cheaper in the United States to the detriment of U.S. manufacturers.

The official, who asked not to be named, said China's exchange policy was a great concern to Washington.

Lew will also press Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam to reach an agreement by the end of 2013 on trade pact known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a second official said in the call.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership, which would include Australia, Chile, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam, would establish a free-trade bloc stretching across a region that makes up nearly 40 percent of the global economy.

(Reporting by Jason Lange; editing by Jackie Frank)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/08/us-usa-asia-lew-idUSBRE9A70UG20131108?feedType=RSS

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:31 am