Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Denmark .. Burqa ban comes into force

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Denmark .. Burqa ban comes into force Empty Denmark .. Burqa ban comes into force

Post by Rocky Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:09 am

Denmark .. Burqa ban comes into force 44022375_303-546x330

Denmark .. Burqa ban comes into force

The law on banning full-face coverage in public places in Denmark entered into force on Wednesday, which provides for the punishment of violators of a fine of 1,000 kronor (134 euros). If the violation is repeated, the fine may be up to ten thousand kronor. Amnesty International condemned the adoption of the law, which did not immediately react.
    Protest rallies are scheduled for later in the day in Copenhagen and Aarhus. Police said the protesters, who planned to cover their entire face in the demonstrations, would not be fined."Demonstrations are part of the freedom of speech and freedom of assembly," explained Benny Oskinulet of the Danish National Police. He added that, however, participants could be fined if they wore a face cover on their way from or to the protest site.
    The ban excludes winter clothing such as scarves, costumes, masks worn at Halloween and other festivals. The Danish news agency reported that the federal police and district police will meet in September to assess the first month of the ban.
    The Danish parliament on Thursday adopted a law banning wearing the niqab in public places, followed by other European countries such as France and Belgium. The text was passed by 75 votes to 30, saying that "anyone wearing a disguise hiding their face in public places is liable to pay a fine."
     The draft law introduced by the center-right government also received greater support from two political forces in parliament: the Social Democrats and the Danish People's Party (populist anti-immigration).
     "Although some specific restrictions on the wearing of the veil are legitimate for reasons of public security, this prohibition is not necessary and is not balanced and violates the rights of freedom of expression and religion," Amnesty International said in a statement.
     The ban also targets other things that can hide the face, such as artificial beards and masks that show only the eyes. There is no official document indicating the number of women wearing the burqa or burqa in Denmark.
     "I do not think there are many of them, but if that is the case, they should be punished with a fine," Danish Justice Minister Soren Pappe Paulsen told reporters in the past. According to defenders of this new law, the niqab is a tool of ideological persecution of women in some cultures.
     France was the first country in Europe to ban the niqab in public places with the law "Preventing facial concealment in public places" which was passed in October 2010 and has been in effect since April 2011. The law, which was ratified by the European Court of Human Rights in 2014, To 150 euros per offense.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:31 pm