Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

I would like all Members and Guest to view CryptoTravel.biz as this is my company I promote.

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2019

Newtecnic wins futuristic Bank of Iraq contract

rocky

Newtecnic wins futuristic Bank of Iraq contract

Post by rocky on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 3:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Newtecnic has won the contract to design the facade and oversee the co-ordination and construction of the new Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) in Baghdad.
The building, designed by Zaha Hadid Architects, will be 172m high and will stand on a 200m by 100m podium.
As part of the contract, the engineer will optimise the façade and main structure for fabrication, assembly and installation for main contractor Daax. It will also develop and validate methods for economical construction of the building’s high-performance concrete and glass façade.
Newtecnic chief executive Andrew Watts said one of the tower’s complexities was it increased in width as it rises in height.
“Designing and creating digital geometry and physical formwork for the twisting facade profiles is challenging as is providing user comfort by controlling light levels and solar gain in the climate of Bagdad.
“The grass roofed podium, enclosing offices and entrances, is also complex since the concrete-based form comprises the aesthetic with no auxiliary decoration.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The consultant is also devising new algorithms to help design and engineer the structure and facade. It said 3D printing would be used to prototype components and fixings to ensure they fitted the as-built main structure perfectly.
Newtecnic said is aiming to invent and implement a highly-efficient waste-free project construction method that maximised safety, productivity and cost efficiency. 
Watts added that it was “vital” to ensure that every building component and construction process was optimised in advance.
“This is achievable by deploying our UK and US based design-engineering teams to develop, validate, perfect and communicate reliable and robust strategies and plans based on an evolving 3D digital-twin of the project,” he said.
The building is expected to complete by 2021.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lobo

Re: Newtecnic wins futuristic Bank of Iraq contract

Post by Lobo on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 2:01 pm

Thanks Rocky - as I recall Shabibi approved this design when the competition was held in London years ago.  They had to know then that this structure could not be constructed and maintained on the program rate.  I think we are sooo close - they want to build this structure now, and the program rate won't pay for it even with the increase in oil prices.
ahill
All In Investor
All In Investor

Post by ahill on Mon 13 Aug 2018, 12:11 am

Come on RV, RV, RV and then you'll have your fancy pantsy building which
reminds me of a space ship.
Then I would have enough money to visit.    'yes'

azareus
Insane Investor
Insane Investor