Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

I would like all Members and Guest to view CryptoTravel.biz as this is my company I promote.

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2019

US warning of handling ports with Iranian oil tankers

rocky

Post by rocky on Thu 08 Nov 2018, 2:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

US State Department warned ports and international insurance companies of dealing with Iranian ships after the re-imposition of sanctions on Iran on Monday to target its oil and banking sector and transport sector. 

"The sanctions imposed by Washington on Tehran on Monday extended to insurance companies," the US State Department spokesman said , adding that "providing any services to Iranian shipping companies covered by sanctions would result in the provider of these services being subject to Washington sanctions."

"From the Suez Canal to the Straits of Malacca and all the points between them, Iranian oil tankers now have floating legal responsibilities." 

"Iran's ships are mostly going to local insurance companies, but he doubted the ability of these companies to cover losses of up to millions or billions of dollars in the event of a major disaster," the spokesman said. 

"If an Iranian tanker is involved in an accident, the insurance companies in Tehran will not be able to cover those losses. We sincerely hope there will be no accidents, but the incidents are possible and realistic considering Iran's record," he said. 

Washington last week imposed sanctions on Iran's oil exports, but granted exemptions to Tehran's top customers, allowing limited imports for 180 days.

The sanctions included 50 Iranian banks with branches, more than 200 individuals and a ship in the Iranian shipping sector, as well as Iranian Airlines and more than 65 aircraft from its fleet. 

The announcement of imposing the latest package of sanctions on Tehran, as promised by the administration of US President Donald Trump, after the withdrawal of the United States in May of the comprehensive plan of action in 2015 between the international community and Iran on the nuclear program of the latter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 1:16 am