Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Oil is stabilizing in a falling market as supplies are high and demand is weak

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Oil is stabilizing in a falling market as supplies are high and demand is weak Empty Oil is stabilizing in a falling market as supplies are high and demand is weak

Post by Rocky Fri 09 Nov 2018, 3:00 am

Oil is stabilizing in a falling market as supplies are high and demand is weak

Oil is stabilizing in a falling market as supplies are high and demand is weak 11158

Oil markets stabilized on Friday, but remain weak as supply rises and worries about an economic slowdown pushing prices, while US crude has fallen by nearly 20 percent since the start of October.
    By 0629 GMT, the WTI futures contract was $ 65.73 a barrel, up 6 cents from the previous settlement price. WTI is heading down for the fifth week, after falling 4 percent since the beginning of the week.
    Brent crude futures for the month were $ 70.84 a barrel, up 19 cents from the previous close. Brent is heading down nearly 3 percent this week, down for a fifth week in a row.
    Brent crude and West Texas Intermediate crude dropped almost 20 percent from a four-year high reached in early October.
    "Oil prices ... are officially in a falling market now, having fallen 20 percent from their peak in October," said William Olofflin, investment analyst at Refin Securities in Australia.
    Analysts say the main downward pressure on prices comes from rising supplies, despite US sanctions on Iran imposed this week, as well as fears of an economic slowdown.
    "As OPEC exports continue to rise, stockpiles continue to increase, putting downward pressure on prices," analysts at Bernstein Energy said.
    "The global economic slowdown remains the main threat to oil," said one.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:27 pm