Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

World Health Organization reveals causes of fish deaths in Euphrates

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

World Health Organization reveals causes of fish deaths in Euphrates Empty World Health Organization reveals causes of fish deaths in Euphrates

Post by Rocky Tue 20 Nov 2018, 8:43 am

World Health Organization reveals causes of fish deaths in Euphrates
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Tuesday / 20 / November - 2018

LONDON (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) and the health ministry on Tuesday revealed the causes of fish deaths in the Euphrates River.
    "Laboratory tests conducted on water samples at Amman's reference laboratory in Jordan to investigate the cause of fish deaths in the Euphrates River in Iraq showed that the water was contaminated with high content of coliforms, heavy metals and a high concentration of ammonia," the statement said.
    "These substances are toxic to fish but do not pose a threat to human health," the statement quoted health experts from the organization and the ministry as saying.
    "There are serious problems that have led the World Health Organization to conduct a second investigation into the possibility that a viral infection is the cause of the deaths of thousands of fish in the river," the statement said, noting that "the results of this second test is scheduled to appear next week."
    Laboratory tests were carried out in response to a request by WHO's Ministry of Health and Environment to assess the potential impact of fish deaths on humans and the environment
    On November 2, 2018, thousands of tons of fish died in the Euphrates River, causing heavy losses to farms and fish production in southern Iraq, especially in Babil Province, 85 km south of Baghdad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 2:36 am