Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel Empty Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel

Post by Rocky Wed 13 Feb 2019, 2:09 am

[size=32]
    Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel[/size]
     Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel Afp-2670a63c1fa612bcf2f83d2665dec6c33b456d9a

Twilight News    

3 hours ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US President Donald Trump said New Congressman Elhan Omar apologized for pointing out that her colleagues were backing Israel because they were getting money from her, "lame," saying she must resign.
    Minnesota Democratic Rep. Elhan Omar, one of the first Muslim women to serve in Congress, criticized last weekend at the Israeli-American Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
    "It's all about the Benjamin Family Baby," she said.
    In response to a question about who you think is paying members of Congress in exchange for Israel's support, Elhan said "AIPAC".
    "Anti-Semitism has no place in the United States Congress," Trump told reporters at a management meeting.
    "I think she should resign from Congress or must resign from the Foreign Affairs Committee of the House of Representatives," she said, adding that what she said was rooted in her heart.
    He said her apology was "lame and did not mean a single word."
    Elhan had said she had no intention of offending anyone, including American Jews, when she pointed out that the lobbyists were paying lawmakers to support Israel.

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel Empty Muslim American parliamentary retreat from a statement and apologize to Israel

Post by Rocky Wed 13 Feb 2019, 2:11 am

[size=32]
    Muslim American parliamentary retreat from a statement and apologize to Israel[/size]
     Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel _105615427_b2d30358-e65e-4b03-9ff5-15c251de5985

Twilight News    

2 hours ago

(Reuters) - Congresswoman Elhan Omar has apologized for tweets that suggested US lawmakers support Israel for funding lobbyists.

Elhan Omar has been widely criticized for suggesting that the US-Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is using the money to drum up support for pro-Israel policies.

Bipartisan deputies said the tweets were laden with "anti-Semitic" metaphorical expressions about Jews.

The Minnesota MP had previously faced charges of anti-Semitism.

Elhan Omar issued an "unequivocal" apology for her comments on Monday after a conversation with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the matter.

"Anti-Semitism is realistic and I am grateful to the Jewish allies and colleagues from whom I learn from the painful history of anti-Semitic rhetoric," she said. "We must always be ready to go back and manage criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me because of my identity."

She said she still believed lobbyists were "problematic" in the US political arena - "whether AIPAC, the US National Drug Union (NRA) or the fossil fuel sector."

Why did the controversy arise?

In response to a press clippings written by a Sunday reporter about the secret behind the usual support of US political leaders in defending Israel, Elhan Omar used a general expression of reference to $ 100 securities.

When asked about her belief in the source of the money, the Somali-American MP wrote on Twitter: "AIPAC."

AIPAC spends millions of dollars a year lobbying lawmakers and the US federal government to adopt pro-Israel policies, campaign monitors say.

AIPAC, however, remains an innumerable private interest group in Washington, DC, defending issues that cover everything from abortion to arms control, trade unions, energy, defense, health care and more.

In response to Elhan Omar, AIPAC chirped on its Twitter page: "The efforts of our Republican and Democratic parties represent a reflection of American values ​​and interests."

Background of the controversy

In November, when Elhan Omar became one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress, she was criticized for criticizing Israel.

The criticism of that time came from its announcement to support the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement that seeks to isolate Israel economically to force it to change its policies toward the Palestinians.

Elhan Omar apologized last month after saying that Israel had "hypnotized the world magnetically" - an expression used by the Nazis before.

She was not familiar with the historical context.

What is the reaction?

Republicans have criticized Elhan Omar for the latest controversy, but criticism has been strong from members of her Democratic party in Congress.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic leaders issued a statement on Monday condemning the tweets, calling on Omar "to immediately apologize for those abusive comments."

"The legitimate criticism of Israel's policies is guaranteed by the values ​​of freedom of expression and democratic debate shared by both the United States and Israel," said the statement, "but what Congressman Elhan Omar used of anti-Semitic rhetoric and unfair accusations against Israel's supporters was very offensive "He said.

Pelosi said she had spoken to Elhan Omar in this regard.

Max Rose, a Democrat from New York, called Omar's comments "extremely offensive."

Judy Nadler, who is also a New York deputy, said Omar's choices for the words were "very frustrating and confusing."

Clinton, daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, wrote in a tweet on Twitter: "We expect all elected officials, regardless of the party and all public figures not to go into anti-Semitism."

Elhan Omar later responded to the cheering of Chelsea Clinton, saying she deserved to be "happy to talk." "We must address the abuses of the (Republican) Party and its allies," she said.

The council's Republican leader, Kevin McCarthy, called for action against Elhan Omar.

McCarthy was convicted last year by a tweet - now deleted - accusing Jewish billionaires of trying to "buy" the midterm elections.

Keywords: 

http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/99f6cb78-41d4-4847-8ea2-9c4f62386658
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel Empty Trump demands a Muslim deputy to resign

Post by Rocky Wed 13 Feb 2019, 3:21 am

Trump demands a Muslim deputy to resign

Wednesday, February 13th

Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel NB-260689-636856361664843689

- US President Donald Trump , the US Democratic Congressman in the United States Congress, called on Elhan Omar to resign on the grounds of "anti-Semitic" remarks she made recently. "I would like to emphasize that there is no place for the American Congress to be reborn, 

" Trump said at the end of a session of the US government held Tuesday at the White House . "What I said is terrifying."

"I think she should resign from membership in Congress or at least from the Foreign Affairs Committee of the House of Representatives," Trump said. 

Trump described Omar's apology as "weak," saying that "what she said was totally inappropriate and that this situation is implanted deep in her heart and in fact is not at all consistent with her apology." 

Omar, a 37-year-old US lawmaker and the only woman in the House of Representatives wearing the headscarf, has been under fire for weeks for her attitudes toward Israel .

However, this wave culminated late last Sunday after commenting on the announcement of Rep. Kevin McCarty, his intention to take action against Elhan and her colleague in the House of Representatives, Muslim Rachida Tlaib, because of their positions against Israel, saying, "It's all about Benjamin, my dear (Referring to the 100-dollar bill bearing US President Benjamin Franklin's fee). 

When a Twitter user asked her to pay her money to American politicians to support Israel, the former Somali refugee, Omar, responded with one word, "AIPAC", the "American Israel Public Affairs Committee." 

The statement sparked a wave of anger, prompting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to scold Omar and ask her to apologize for using "anti-Semitic terms" in her twitter, as criticized by some Democratic and Republican lawmakers.

Although some politicians and activists supported Omar in this case, saying that attacking her contradicts the principle of freedom of expression, the deputy was forced to issue a statement in which she apologized and acknowledged that anti-Semitism was "real" and expressed gratitude to her colleagues who " Educate them about the painful history of linguistic interpretations of anti-Semitism. " 

"We must always be ready to retreat and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me about my identity," she said.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/260689/%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8-%D9%8A%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8-%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%A8%D8%A9-%D8%A3%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%85%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9/ar

Sponsored content

Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel Empty Re: Trump asks a US Muslim parliamentarian to resign after her apology from Israel

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:55 am