Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pompeo rejects Pyongyang's demands to keep him away from negotiations

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Pompeo rejects Pyongyang's demands to keep him away from negotiations Empty Pompeo rejects Pyongyang's demands to keep him away from negotiations

Post by Rocky Fri 19 Apr 2019, 2:46 pm

[size=30]Pompeo rejects Pyongyang's demands to keep him away from negotiations[/size]
    Password FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Number of readings:
    font size: Pompeo rejects Pyongyang's demands to keep him away from negotiations Font_decrease Pompeo rejects Pyongyang's demands to keep him away from negotiations Font_enlarge
    Pompeo rejects Pyongyang's demands to keep him away from negotiations Thumbnail.php?file=155569279119829000_283501739

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said he would continue to lead the US negotiating team on talks on nuclear disarmament on the Korean Peninsula, despite Pyongyang's demands for its removal. "The foreign and defense ministers of the two countries:" There is no change, and I will remain at the head of the negotiating team and President Donald Trump oversees the process in general. "
    He stressed that the US Special Envoy for the settlement of the Korean Stephen Began will continue efforts to implement North Korean leader Kim Jong-un commitments to abandon nuclear weapons.
    "I am convinced that we already have an opportunity to achieve this result," Pompeo added.
    He pointed out that Washington will continue to pressure North Korea to abandon weapons of mass destruction, calling on all countries to abide by the sanctions imposed on Pyongyang.
    This comes after the North Korean Foreign Ministry announced that the continued participation of Pompeo in the negotiations on nuclear disarmament could lead to prolongation, and that Pyongyang would like to see another person at the head of the US negotiating team. Pyongyang criticized Pompeo's remarks about Kim Jong-un and accused him of misreading North Korea's position.
    For his part, Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono said that joint military exercises for Japan and the United States in the Asia-Pacific region will continue, and considered the alliance between Tokyo and Washington as the "cornerstone" of regional security.
    Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit the United States next month, and then Trump will visit Japan, he said.
    He added that the issue of normalizing relations with North Korea is not at present, and that Tokyo will be ready for this normalization after the settlement of the nuclear issue and the issue of Japanese detainees in Pyongyang.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 10:14 pm