Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq's $772m Central Bank HQ project on track

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

project - Iraq's $772m Central Bank HQ project on track Empty Iraq's $772m Central Bank HQ project on track

Post by Rocky Sun 12 May 2019, 10:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Iraq's $772m Central Bank HQ project on track

BAGHDAD, 4 hours, 30 minutes ago

Iraq said work is progressing at a steady pace on the new head office building of Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) and is on track for completion by 2022, reported Reuters citing a senior official.

The 37-storey building is located on the banks of the Tigris River in Central Baghdad.

The 162.52-m-tall building, which boasts a 93,552-sq-m area, is being built at an estimated cost of $772 million, it stated. Enabling and deep foundation works have already been completed on the project, it added.

CBI had commissioned the late Iraqi-British architect Dame Zaha Hadid in 2010 to design the project, which would cater to the bank's future needs while also making an "architectural statement about the bank's role in the Iraqi economy," revealed Saleh Mahood Salman, CBI's director general of administration.

And in February 2012, Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) was awarded the contract for the design stage of the new building following the completion of the brief development.

ZHA is leading an international team of consultants comprising Adams Kara Taylor, Max Fordham, Newtecnic, DEGW, Gross Max, Davis Langdon, Arup, Warringtonfire, Winton Nightingale, and A2 Project Managers, said Salman.

Five years later, Azerbaijan-based Daax Construction was awarded the main contract in 2017, he stated.

The project features a fully automated vault, state-of-the-art cash processing systems, innovative fire and security systems, he added.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:01 pm