Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+4
mochasmom
Wheelman
Screwball
Rocky
8 posters

International Monetary Fund warns Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

warns - International Monetary Fund warns Iraq - Page 2 Empty International Monetary Fund warns Iraq

Post by Rocky Tue 30 Jul 2019, 6:02 am

First topic message reminder :

[rtl]

International Monetary Fund warns Iraq

[/rtl]
    [rtl]Editorial Date: 01/16/2019 13:53 • 87 times read[/rtl]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [rtl]
    {International: Al Furat News} The International Spotting Fund warned of Iraq's continued over-spending.
    The IMF said in a report on Tuesday that Iraq's budget for the current year, "if the current spending continues as it is, it will eliminate any progress achieved by Iraq economically during the past years." 
    He pointed out that "the projections indicate an increase in Iraqi spending by 25% per year, unless the authorities amend their financial laws and balance sheet items." 
    The report pointed out that Iraq's economic situation "faces serious challenges, social conditions in the low and still severe."

[size=18][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[/rtl][/size]
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

warns - International Monetary Fund warns Iraq - Page 2 Empty Re: International Monetary Fund warns Iraq

Post by Screwball Tue 30 Jul 2019, 10:13 pm

jedi17 wrote:
    Lobo wrote:With this pressure from the IMF and Mahdi having told the citizens that they would add value to the currency during this legislative session - which ends at the end of the week, and the CBI saying the Trade Banks in Saudi, Dubai and China would be operational by August, I am hopeful we will see it Wednesday or Thursday - let's keep praying.  It has to happen sometime.

flower flower
    I am not saying that Iraq could not revalue its currency at any time, however, historically IMF has only valued the dinar to the SDR in late April every year, except in 2003 and 2004 when a value was assigned in September, around the 22nd
    Exactly...and the question is why? Why April and we know why September? Maybe rates can on,y be changed in April? Who was responsible for the three zeros? Was it the IMF or was it the IMF in cooperation with the UNSC?
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

warns - International Monetary Fund warns Iraq - Page 2 Empty Re: International Monetary Fund warns Iraq

Post by Screwball Tue 30 Jul 2019, 10:14 pm

Did the threes go on at the same time as the release of new notes? When do they release new notes? September?
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Tue 30 Jul 2019, 10:32 pm

I think the CBI can do what they want now -- just have to announce they are Art. 8 and RV - they have the ATMs, the MasterCard (and that "high roller" black MC and it is in Iraq Dinar), Visa, they say the banks are linked internationally and can wire instantly, they say the MC and Visa cards are international, they tell the people to go to the banks and learn how to use the ATMs because they don't just dispense money, but have other options - remember, they can buy GOLD, from those machines when they are operational and they now have thousands of ATMs in the country ready to be turned on.  The CBI says the Trade Banks would be operational - they missed the July 31 deadline -- but MAYBE, we will see it on August 1.  They are still giving out passports by the thousands - why, if they are not going to travel and not have an internationally traded/recognized currency.  I believe they may be a little delayed, but it will happen and oh, Happy Days.

drunk drunk drunk drunk
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Screwball Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:06 am

MasterCard
    R cards and Visa cards have been linked for over 5 years...nothing you have said indicates rv is imminent, I am not saying that we won’t see it and if it happens sooner than September or October I will be ecstatic but I don’t thinks so.
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Wed 31 Jul 2019, 8:11 am

So let's look forward to Sept, 1 more month
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 8:52 am

mochasmom wrote:So let's look forward to Sept, 1 more month

not sure when new notes were introduced, but the war in Iraq started in 2003, for some reason the value was adjusted in sept that year to around $2.50, then again the following sept to$0.000000 etc which was the official devalue, and most likely the intro of the new notes.

Since 2004, IMF has only valued Iraqi dinar once a year in April, however, MANY OIL PRODUCING countries value their currency twice a year, but almost always in the same months
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Wed 31 Jul 2019, 11:00 am

I understand what everyone is saying, but I think we are missing the fact that the GOI and the CBI have been telling the citizens since November they are going to add purchasing power to the currency, the CBI talks Trade Banks being operational, they are pulling in the dollars and euros, and they are telling the citizens to bring into the banks the 3-0 notes in exchange for the 500 and 250 notes in anticipation for the lower denoms and fils (coins), they are training the people on the new ATMs, etc., they will announce a new governor of the CBI soon since the "now" governor is going to be the governor of the Arab Monetary Fund - starting in September, as far as I know.  Too much activity and no show would be a horrible mistake.  I think the GOI and the CBI know it and will pop this RV and not take the country down into the pit again.
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:28 pm

Lobo we hope you are right but we have seen so many yrs of verbiage leading us to believe we were close then..albeit this time it does seem different, so praying it happens soon
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:36 pm

I understand, but this time the UNSC was in Iraq and no new requirements were placed on them, the IMF is pushing them to announce Art. 8 and RV, the CBI and the GOI are talking and telling the citizens to "get" ready it is going to happen.  So I remain hopeful this time we will see the blessing.
    ahill
    ahill
    All In Investor
    All In Investor

Post by ahill Wed 31 Jul 2019, 11:34 pm

Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024, 11:10 pm