Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Hundreds of Iraqis seek asylum at the UN in Turkey

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Hundreds of Iraqis seek asylum at the UN in Turkey Empty Hundreds of Iraqis seek asylum at the UN in Turkey

Post by Rocky Thu 31 Jul 2014, 6:51 am

Hundreds of Iraqis seek asylum at the UN in Turkey

Wednesday, 30 July, 2014

On Wednesday a representative from the Union of Iraqi Refugees in Turkey confirmed that every day hundreds of Iraqi citizens go to the United Nations in Turkey to seek asylum, indicating that the deteriorating security situation has pushed Iraqis to seek refuge in Western countries.

The representative of the Union of Iraqi refugees in Turkey, Rose Aziz said, in an interview for IraqiNews.com, that “the deterioration of the security situation in a number of Iraqi cities pushed Iraqi citizens to seek asylum in foreign countries,” asserting that “hundreds of Iraqi citizens are visiting the United Nations Headquarters in Ankara in order to conduct interviews to seek asylum.”

Aziz said, “Most of the asylum seekers are from the families of hot security zones or under the control of militants of the organization of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant,” noting that “between 100 to 200 Iraqi people register their names daily so as to book an appointment to meet with the United Nations to seek asylum.”

Aziz pointed out that “the Iraqi asylum-seekers are from various ethnic groups such as the Iraqi Arabs, Kurds, Shabak, Turkmen, Christians, Muslims and the Yazidi,” asserting that “most of them are living in difficult economic situations, and humanitarian organizations did not provide them with assistance so far.”

Aziz predicted that “the acceptance of the request of some Iraqi refugees against the backdrop of the deteriorating security situation and sectarian violence in their areas.”

Turkey has thousands of Iraqi refugees, the majority of them went to it after 2003, and most of them used Turkey as a station to reach the Western countries.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    CITEX
    CITEX
    Insane Investor
    Insane Investor

Hundreds of Iraqis seek asylum at the UN in Turkey Empty Re: Hundreds of Iraqis seek asylum at the UN in Turkey

Post by CITEX Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:07 am

Turkey confirmed that every day hundreds of Iraqi citizens go to the United Nations in Turkey to seek asylum, indicating that the deteriorating security situation has pushed Iraqis to seek refuge in Western countries

I guess the economic sanctions are working.  Sleep 

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:55 am