Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Bank "HSBC" closing the accounts of the British Muslim views

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Bank "HSBC" closing the accounts of the British Muslim views Empty Bank "HSBC" closing the accounts of the British Muslim views

Post by Rocky Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Bank "HSBC" closing the accounts of the British Muslim views

BAGHDAD / Baghdadi News / ....

Send Bank "HSBC" letters to the management of the mosque "Finsbury Park", and a number of Islamic institutions in Britain, telling her that the accounts in the bank will be closed.
    Was unjustified, mentioned in some of them, is that the bank continues to provide services to those organizations, located outside "the limits of his desire to take risks."
    Bank also contacted the man's wife and son, directs the Center for Islamic Research in London, to inform them of the decision.
    The bank stressed that its decisions to close those accounts "are not based at all to religion or race"
    The bank added that "discrimination against customers on the basis of race or religion is immoral and unacceptable and illegal, and the rules and policies of the Bank of HSBC ensure that the religion or ethnicity a factor in financial decisions." 
    "the sole reason"
    The letter was sent by the bank to the Finsbury Park mosque in north London, in the twenty-second of July this year.
    The only reason mentioned to justify the bank's intention to close the account, is that "the provision of financial services is now located outside the boundaries of our willingness to take risks."
    "We have put us in a very difficult position, it is only the financial account, which we possess"
    And tell the bank in his speech, treasurer of the mosque, he will close his account as of the twenty-second of September / September.
    But Khaled Omar A member Board of Trustees of the mosque was suspicious motives behind the decision to close the bank accounts.
    "The letters that were sent to us and we have received it, do not give any reason to justify the closure of accounts."
    He added that this "made us believe that the only reason behind this is Islamophobia campaign, targeting Muslim charities in Britain." 
    "shocking decision". ended 21
    Said Mohammed Kozbar director of the mosque, told the BBC: "the bank has not contacted us before, it did not even give us any chance to discuss their concerns."
    He added: "For us, the decision shocking, we are a charity working in Britain, and all our work here, we do not move any money out of Britain, and all our activities are financed from the financial resources within Britain."
    Until 2005 he oversaw the mosque, Abu Hamza, who was convicted in May / last May on charges of terrorism in the United States.
    Kozbar says: "affirmative action, which we have done since we received the management of the mosque of Abu Hamza, is to change the image of the mosque. There is nothing to justify the decision to bank HSBC."
    He added: "We have put us in a very difficult position, it is only the financial account, which we possess."
    Kozbar and see that this decision could have negative repercussions on the bank.
    "It is disturbing, I have not got used to that a deal with me in this way, it seems as if you've made a mistake"
    Anas al-Tikriti
    He says: "We are confident that our community will be thwarted by the Islamic bank's decision, and perhaps thinking of closing their accounts if he has no longer open our account, or at least give us an explanation."
    Says Jeremy Corbin MP for the area Azelngton that mosque is located, including that he worked with the mosque since its inception, adding that "over the past ten years, the evolution of the mosque as a model gorgeous mosque for Muslim community, help local citizens and provide services to the followers of all religions if they need it." .
    He added: "I was shocked and dismayed by the decision bank HSBC." 
    "worrisome"
    Tikriti says that the wounded and has puzzled by the bank's decision
    Included speeches Anas al-Tikriti, who was born in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, but had lived in London for several decades. And his family have received letters from the bank as well. Is the director of "Cordoba Foundation," a research center specializing in Islamic issues, established in 2005 with the aim of studying the relationship between Europe and the Middle East, says al-Tikriti.
    And received al-Tikriti, his wife and his two sons, who, aged 16 and 12 years, separate letters from the bank this week, telling them that their accounts will be closed in September / September next, and this time is not providing any reason for that decision.
    And refers to al-Tikriti, he was dealing with financially Bank HSBC since 1980, and did not owe the bank, except in rare times.
    He says: "It is worrying, I have not got used to that one is dealing with me in this way, it seems as if you've made a mistake, the inclusion of this subject in my family bothers me, why all the family?".
    He adds: "I can only guess, and I wish I could explain to me one of the Bank's why the accounts were closed. These organizations primarily charitable organizations, and the link between them is that many of them, if not all, active in regard to the Palestinians"
    Abizaid: "It would be a shame if this is actually the reason, but since they had left me to guess, this is the only reason that I can expect."
    And received the Cordoba Foundation, run by al-Tikriti, and that deal financially with the same bank a speech almost identical to the letter which was received by the Department of Finsbury Park Mosque and historian of the same date. 
    "alternative arrangements"
    Welfare Fund of the nation, based in the town of Bolton, northwest England, distributed 70 million pounds to charity projects in 20 countries, and has a presence in Gaza for nearly 10 years.
    In a letter dated also in the twenty-second of July, informed the bank HSBC fund care for the nation the same reason, which is reported by the mosque Finsbury Park behind the closure of his account, which is that "the provision of financial services is now located outside the boundaries of the desire of the bank at risk"
    The Bank has given the fund two months ago that the accounts are closed in September / September.
    The letter added: "You will need to work alternative financial arrangements, where we are not prepared to open another account with you."
    Mohammed Ahmed says fund manager of the nation, that the Fund from customers who wish to deal with any bank, which always has a balance in it.
    Asked Ahmed Bank "HSBC" during a meeting about the reason for closing the accounts, but says the representative of the bank did not give him an answer.
    Ahmed says that they "always keen to deal with the banks committed to the legal framework, if there is, for example, is a matter of penalties."
    Ahmed and expresses his belief that the bank's decision is due to the Fund's activity in Gaza, where the Fund provides services "ambulances and food and medical aid and grants."
    He adds, "We make sure we are working with the non-partisan. What we are doing now is that we make sure through the agency Thomson Reuters, of that there is no link whatsoever between the organizations that we work with and between organizations are prohibited. We do not want to hurt our relief. We do our best in order to be neutral in our work as much as possible. "
    On his part, a government official contacted by the BBC, believes that the bank's decision is not due to government action, but a decision made by the bank itself on the basis of his own analysis of the risks.
    In December / December of 2012, the Bank was forced HSBC to pay 1.9 billion dollars to the U.S. authorities, in a settlement on the issue of money laundering, the largest settlement paid in such a case.
    And then accused the bank of being involved in laundering money belonging to the drug cartels, and states fall under U.S. sanctions.
    In August / August of last year for the transfer of bank HSBC, he asked more than 40 embassies and consulates and high commission in Britain to close their accounts.
    At the time, the bank said: "We apply the program gradually to evaluate all of our business since May / May of 2011, and services to embassies is not an exception to that."
    She stressed the Charity Commission of the British government, they do not conduct any investigations with organizations covered by the decision of the bank, but said that if he deprived these charitable organizations from Mali to open an account with any bank that would undermine the confidence of the public.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am