Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

France seeks UNSC condemnation of ISIS abuses in Iraq

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

France seeks UNSC condemnation of ISIS abuses in Iraq Empty France seeks UNSC condemnation of ISIS abuses in Iraq

Post by Bama Diva Fri 01 Aug 2014, 6:58 pm

France seeks UNSC condemnation of ISIS abuses in Iraq

01/08/2014   |   07:42 PM | Gulf News

PARIS, Aug 1 (KUNA) -- France said on Friday that it would be proposing "in the coming days" a United Nations Security Council resolution to condemn the "Islamic State" (ISIS) radicals and to demand they are punished for abuses committed against minorities in Iraq.

Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said after a meeting with representatives of Iraqi Christians that France would do everything possible to assist minorities in Iraq and was already to provide humanitarian aid.

The joint statement said that the two ministers had received representatives of Christians in the Orient to discuss "the grave situation of minorities in Iraq -- at the hands of the terrorist organisation Islamic State." Fabius and Cazeneuve stressed the need to protect minorities and allow them to remain in their country and preserve the diversity of Iraq and "they firmly condemned abuses by the Islamic State against civilian populations because of their beliefs." As well as bringing the issue before the Security Council, France also intends to put the matter before the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva and will ask that body to investigate crimes committed in northern Iraq.

The French government has also instructed its consular services in Baghdad and Erbil to take in and protect refugees if a justifiable emergency arises.

Fabius intends to travel to Iraq as soon as a new government is formed and will then discuss the political, security and humanitarian situations with the new Iraqi authorities. (end) jk.gb

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:35 am