Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Motorsports community reacts to Jeff Gordon's announcement that 2015 will be final season

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Motorsports community reacts to Jeff Gordon's announcement that 2015 will be final season Empty Motorsports community reacts to Jeff Gordon's announcement that 2015 will be final season

Post by Neno Thu 22 Jan 2015, 6:55 pm

Motorsports community reacts to Jeff Gordon's announcement that 2015 will be final season
    Published January 22, 2015

Motorsports community reacts to Jeff Gordon's announcement that 2015 will be final season 012215_ssr_jeffgordon_640

Some of the reaction to four-time champion Jeff Gordon's announcement that 2015 will be his last season as a full-time NASCAR driver:
    "Jeff's accomplishments off the track are impressive, but his numbers on the track are unbelievable. I call him the 'GOAT' - the Greatest of All Time. I believe he is the greatest NASCAR driver there has ever been. What he has done outside the sport has grown the sport's popularity immensely. I give Jeff a tremendous amount of credit for the youth movement in NASCAR. A lot of people think NASCAR started in 1992 because that's when he came on the scene and brought in a new, young audience because he appealed to the 18- to 35-year-old demographic. We didn't really have a driver at the time who could do that." — Hall of Fame driver and current FOX analyst Darrel Waltrip.
    ___
    "Jeff Gordon transcends NASCAR and will be celebrated as one of the greatest drivers to ever race. We have all enjoyed watching his legend grow for more than two decades, and will continue to do so during his final full-time season. His prolonged excellence and unmatched class continue to earn him the admiration of fans across the globe. Today's announcement is a bittersweet one. I'll miss his competitive fire on a weekly basis, but I am also happy for Jeff and his family as they start a new chapter. On behalf of the entire NASCAR family, I thank Jeff for his years of dedication and genuine love for this sport, and wish him the very best in his final season." — NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France.
    ___
    "Jeff changed the personality and perception of a race car driver in NASCAR. Before he came along, the perception was more about the good old Southeastern boy wearing blue jeans, big belt buckles and boots. But he created a new buzz in our sport because he looked like he stepped off the cover of a GQ magazine." — retired NASCAR crew chief and current FOX analyst Larry McReynolds.
    ___
    "I've had a lot of good times with @JeffGordonWeb and one (crap) one. Weird to think just like all the other greats, that soon he won't be there!" — NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer (@ClintBowyer) via Twitter.
    ___
    "Hard to imagine this is @JeffGordonWeb last full season. Tons of respect for him and what he's accomplished thus far. A total professional." — Hendrick Motorsports teammate Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) via Twitter.
    ___
    "Crazy to hear that @JeffGordonWeb is retiring! What an amazing career! Glad I got to race with him!" — NASCAR driver Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) via Twitter.
    ___
    "Grew up a @JeffGordonWeb and @markmartin fan. Been awesome to race both of them for wins. Look forward to one more year in 2015." — NASCAR driver Joey Logano (@joeylogano) via Twitter.
    ___
    "Crazy... You're the man!" — Six-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson (@JimmieJohnson) via Twitter.
    ___
    "Very few have done as much for our sport as @JeffGordonWeb. Nothing but respect for one of the greatest that's ever raced." — NASCAR driver Regan Smith (@ReganSmith) via Twitter.
    ___
    "I feel so lucky to say I have raced against my idol and favorite driver growing up @JeffGordonWeb... ready for one more year against you." — NASCAR driver AJ Allmendinger (@AJDinger) via Twitter.
    ___
    "Congrats bud @JeffGordonWeb, looking forward to seeing you kick butt one more time. Looking forward to 2015." — Former Gordon crew chief Ray Evernham (@RayEvernham) via Twitter.
    ___
    "I've known Jeff since he was a teenager with a really bad mustache. It has been thrilling to watch him develop from a promising Busch Series driver into perhaps the greatest professional our sport has ever seen. Jeff showed last season that he still has a burning desire to win races and championships. You won't find a finer professional, person or charitable athlete. We have been fortunate to be associated with him for all of these years. I'm sure all fans, even of the other drivers, will want to show their appreciation to Jeff this year." — Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage.
    ___
    "We got to know him when he drove with us back in 2007. He's just such a normal guy and humble guy, brilliant driver. He is a very special kind of driver. He speaks well and does all the right things. His hair is always perfect. We mocked him because of his stupid helmet with all these flames on it and he really just couldn't believe we didn't like the helmet." — IMSA team owner Wayne Taylor, who had Gordon drive for him in the 2007 Rolex 24 at Daytona.
    ___
    "A true gentleman, a true team player. He was so humble. He was a champ so we thought, 'Oh, man, this guy.' But he was just normal, down to the ground, stayed at the same hotel as ours." — Driver Max Angelelli, who finished third with Gordon in the 2007 Rolex 24.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/01/22/motorsports-community-reacts-to-jeff-gordon-announcement-that-2015-will-be/

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024, 10:37 pm