Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida

wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida Empty 8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida

Post by wciappetta Fri 10 Apr 2015, 4:11 pm

Darn, Lu-Lu got out again...Anyone living in Florida knows there is plenty of cats for making these bad boys plump... But what about the Iguana's Cayman, Alligators and saltwater Crocodiles yes it's a lizard palooza in Florida

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida Biz-insider-65x27_102440 
    By Kevin Loria2 hours ago

View gallery

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida 8-foot-long_carnivorous_cat-eating_lizards_are-908d2a45e1e60aa878ed795eebae08c2

(John Wood/Flickr)A Florida resident spotted one of the creatures sunning itself in his backyard.The exotic pet trade has a way of introducing destructive and potentially dangerous creatures to places in which they don't belong, and Florida's sunny, warm climate makes for a perfect home for many of these invasive species.

People buy a small snake, lizard, or colorful fish, and when it gets too big to handle, they dump it in an area in which they figure it will fit in. But if these unleashed creatures fit in too well, they not only thrive in their new homes — but without natural predators they can wreak havoc on the surrounding ecosystem, unbalancing it and potentially wiping out the native animals.
    Lately we've heard a lot about the Burmese pythons and the more aggressive African rock pythonsthat wildlife officials fear will wipe out the foxes, rabbits, deer, raccoons, opossums, and bobcats of the Everglades.
    But another creature that Florida wildlife officers are trying to get a handle on is the Nile monitor lizard, a cousin of the most famous monitor lizard, the Komodo dragon, which has been spreading through the state since at least 1990.
    Thousands are thought to be loose in parts of the state, but they have recently begun to appear in Palm Beach County, and officials are hoping they can eliminate the lizards in the area before they establish a firm toehold.
    Wildlife officials armed with shotguns will be increasing patrols of Palm Beach County canals from once a month to four to six times a month to try to hunt the reptiles down, according to the Sun Sentinel. The plan is to catch or shoot the lizards on sight — they've got 20 in Palm Beach since July.

View gallery

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida 8-foot-long_carnivorous_cat-eating_lizards_are-79c3ecf632b7e6a179aca230139567aa

(Bernard DUPONT/Flickr)A Nile monitor in South Africa.The lizards are native to almost all of Sub-Saharan Africa and grow up to 5 feet long on average, with large specimens reaching 7 or 8 feet. They typically have yellow markings on their back and can range in color from yellow to olive green or dark brown.

And while they don't usually menace humans unless provoked (though one pet-education website says they "can inflict serious wounds to an inexperienced handler"), they are most definitely threats to local burrowing owls, tortoises, and other creatures. They have "even been known to eat cats," according to the Sun Sentinel.
    Monitors have spread far enough that they are a serious problem, according to David A. Steen, a conservation biologist who included them on a list of the "worst invasive reptiles" he chronicled for Slate. He describes the Nile monitor as a "hulking beast" that's "a voracious predator of any creature smaller than itself."
    In addition to these massive lizards and the seemingly unstoppable pythons, poisonous lionfish are taking over Florida reefs.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/8-foot-long-carnivorous-cat-180700956.html
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida Empty Re: 8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida

Post by Neno Fri 10 Apr 2015, 4:23 pm

Send him to my neighborhood, the wife want let me trap the strays... lol
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida Empty Re: 8-foot-long carnivorous cat-eating lizards are invading Florida

Post by weslin3 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

Neno wrote:Send him to my neighborhood, the wife want let me trap the strays... lol
    I'm going to pretend I didn't read that from you..... Shame on you Neno!

surprise
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 10 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm

weslin3 wrote:
    Neno wrote:Send him to my neighborhood, the wife want let me trap the strays... lol
    I'm going to pretend I didn't read that from you..... Shame on you Neno!

surprise
    Cheia Vida... laugh
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Post by Bama Diva Fri 10 Apr 2015, 7:31 pm

Well, if you hear a very loud scream, or yell, just ignore it because it will only be me if I see of these. :-) 

surprise
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 7:42 pm

I would be right there screaming with you Bama!
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Post by Bama Diva Fri 10 Apr 2015, 8:00 pm

weslin3 wrote:I would be right there screaming with you Bama!
    I appreciate the support Weslin3, but I actually live in Florida, it will take a while to migrate to you. LOL
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 11:34 pm

Yes! I know that and am glad but what I meant if I was there with you  I would be screaming. Maybe out run you also. laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 5:45 am