Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

WINTER BRUSCHETTA

Lobo
    Lobo

WINTER BRUSCHETTA Empty WINTER BRUSCHETTA

Post by Lobo Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:11 pm

WINTER BRUSCHETTA
    WINTER BRUSCHETTA Erinscott_stonehouse_winterbruscettarecipe_246wide-0004
    View detailed images (1)

Fast Winter Bruschetta
    This is a great recipe for winter, as canned tomatoes are delicious. In summer, simply use fresh tomatoes.

• Baguette
    • 16 oz can of chopped, organic tomatoes
    • 1-2 large garlic cloves, peeled
    • 3-4 tbsp Napa Valley Blend
    • 2-3 tbsp Stonehouse Basil Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 325.  Strain tomatoes and save the juice for another use.  Slice baguette in half length-wise and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.  Cut a thin slice the top off the fat end of the garlic cloves and rub garlic cut side down across the length of the baguettes.  Drizzle baguettes with Basil Olive Oil, top with the tomatoes, then with the Napa Valley Blend.  On an angle, slice the baguettes into serving size pieces, about 10 per side.  Viola, apps for 10-20!  For dinner apps for 4, just use half a baguette.
    The picture here does not show the method used above but it's the same recipe.  Either method works but the one above is so much easier!
    VARIATIONS:  Top with chopped fresh basil or parsley, if available; feta or parmesan; drizzle a bit of Dark Balsamic Vinegar over the tomatoes before the NVR.  You can also pop the baguette back into the oven once it's topped with ingredients for a few minutes, but since the tomatoes are at room temp it isn't really necessary.  Also works well withHouse BlendOlio SantoGarlic or Rosemary Oil.
    Serves 4-20, depending upon how much baguette you use!
    photo credit: erin scott.  Recipe from Blog "Yummy Supper."

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:33 am