Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

MAYONNAISE

Lobo
    Lobo

MAYONNAISE Empty MAYONNAISE

Post by Lobo Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm

MAYONNAISE
    MAYONNAISE Mayo

* 1 medium clove of garlic (3 for aioli)
    * 2 egg yolks
    * ½ cup Stonehouse House Blend EVOO
    * ½ cup La Tourangelle Grape Seed Oil (or safflower oil)
    * 1 tbsp Stonehouse Meyer or Eureka Lemon Oil
    * 2 tbsp Stonehouse Rose Wine Vinegar
    * 1 tsp Edmund Fallot Dijon mustard (the best!)
    * ½ tsp coarse Sea salt
    * Fresh ground pepper
    Tools: Immersion Blender (or food processor)
    Total prep time: 15 minutes
    Makes 2 ½ cups
    Peel and slice the garlic into 3-4 slices and mash with sea salt in a mortar and pestle into a smooth paste. Add vinegar, to mellow the flavor of the garlic and dissolve the salt. While that is happening, separate the egg yolks and put in the bottom of glass jar. Break the yolks, add the vinegar/garlic and mustard and swirl; the vinegar “cooks” the yolk a bit, and the flavors merge. Add oils and let the mix settle, 10 seconds or so. You want the yolks at the bottom and oil on top. Immerse the blender to the bottom and pulse. Pulse pulse pulse. Do not rush this step, or keep the blender on too long, or it will liquefy the ingredients instead of bind them. As you continue to pulse, slowly lift the blender up, to incorporate more oil, then bring it slowly back down. Repeat this
    maneuver until most of the oil is blended. Remove blender and incorporate remaining oil with a wooden spoon. If you’re using a food processor drizzle the oil in slowly, letting the oil incorporate before adding more.
    Viola, you’ve just made fresh, delicious mayonnaise, just in time for BLT season!
    Variations:
    * Add a touch of Salish Alderwood Smoked Salt for a smoky flavor. This is great for vegetarians who miss bacon on a BLT.
    * Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette, just add 3 parts mayo to 1 part vinegar of choice and whisk together.
    * Tartar Sauce, just add capers, chopped pickles, grated onion, parsley, and pinch of cayenne pepper.
    * Try our Mexican Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:30 pm