Recipe by P. Allen Smith
Cool, light, and refreshing, this Cantaloupe Basil Soup is simple to make, and works equally well as an appetizer or surprising dessert.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add more salt, lime juice, and/or jalapeño as desired.
- Chill Cantaloupe Basil Soup for at least 4 hours before serving.