Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

HOLIDAY FRUIT IS A GIFT TO SAVOR

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Sat 25 Jul 2015, 2:54 pm

Tommy C. Simmons, An enthusiastic cook
Photograph Tommy C. Simmons

Hope you were lucky enough to receive a box of fresh pears or oranges as a holiday gift. My brother and his wife, “Jo” and Anne Collier, sent us a box of Comice pears from a Texas fruit grower, Pittman & Davis. These pears are so sweet and juicy you have to stand over the sink when you bite into one, ‘cause the juice is going to run down your chin for sure. We ate most of them sliced and unadorned, but I did save a few to put into a green salad we served alongside roasted turkey and Brussels sprouts. Toss what you like into the salad mix. Everything tastes good with the sweet pears.
Home kitchen-tested recipe
Pears & Greens With Honey Lime Dressing
Serves 4 to 6. Adapted recipe is from Pittman & Davis.
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. lemon rind (I zested a Meyer lemon from my tree in Louisiana)
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp. salt
Dash of Tabasco
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 ripe but firm Comice pears
Salad greens of choice
Roasted nut pieces
Sliced Havarti cheese
Steamed broccoli florets
Peeled and sliced carrots

1. Make the salad dressing by combining the lime juice, paprika, lemon rind, mustard, honey, salt, Tabasco, pepper and oil in a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
  2. Peel, deseed and slice pears.
  3. Arrange salad greens in a bowl, top with sliced pears, roasted nuts (if desired), cheese, broccoli florets and carrots. Drizzle Honey Lime Dressing over the salad and serve.

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 2:13 am