Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+5
mochasmom
weslin3
wciappetta
azareus
Proven
9 posters

Iraq to endorse new investment law next week

Proven
    Proven
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

utm_source - Iraq to endorse new investment law next week Empty Iraq to endorse new investment law next week

Post by Proven Thu 13 Aug 2015, 8:58 pm

Iraq to endorse new investment law next week

By Majida Mohsen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Photo Credit:REUTERS/Thaier Al-Sudani  

The legislation has been seen as a positive move towards raising the country's attractiveness among foreign investors.

Iraq's parliament is expected to endorse in the coming week the new investment law in the hope of supporting the private sector, attracting more foreign investments, as well as ending corruption and red tape.

The new law will include amendments to Law No. 2 of 2010, which amended Law No. 13 of 2006. The move comes as thousands of Iraqis took to the streets over the past days demanding political and economic reforms in the country.

"The old law was not enough and it did not handle problems that the investment sector is facing in Iraq," said MP Najeeba Najeeb, member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee. "We held a number of meetings and conferences with local and foreign experts, and we have arrived at a conclusion that new legal amendments should be made."

Najeeb pointed out that the old investment law provided more power to the central government, while also setting obstacles for foreign investors to acquire land in the country.

"The amendments will decentralize the decision-making authority and streamline procedures so as to allow investors to acquire lands within 15 days," she added.

Shaker Al Zameli, head of the Baghdad Investment Commission, said the previous legislation was not entirely repressive, as it gave investors the right to obtain project permits within 45 days and offered a three-year tax exemption. However, he admitted that administrative corruption and bureaucracy have hindered the law's implementation.

"Amendments in the new law are a step in the right direction, especially since these will give investors the right to refer to international arbitration if necessary. The old law lacked this provision," Al Zameli said.

He also revealed that the number of investment projects in Iraq since 2010 reached 320, valued at about USD 15 billion.

MP Mithaq Al Hamidi, another member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, said the existing law contains several impediments to attracting investments. She welcomed the new law's endorsement next week, "along with other political and legislative reforms".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]=zawya&utm_medium=web&utm_content=image-toolbox&utm_campaign=free-homepage" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.zawya.com/story/Iraq_to_endorse_new_investment_law_next_week-ZAWYA20150813043706/[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]=zawya&utm_medium=web&utm_content=image-toolbox&utm_campaign=free-homepage
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Proven
    Proven
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

utm_source - Iraq to endorse new investment law next week Empty Re: Iraq to endorse new investment law next week

Post by Proven Fri 14 Aug 2015, 4:39 am

azareus wrote:Great news Proven. Since investment law should come after Rv

We shall see.

As previous articles have stated monetary reform will coincide with economic reform.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting that this is put out on the news wire for wide distribution.
    wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

utm_source - Iraq to endorse new investment law next week Empty Re: Iraq to endorse new investment law next week

Post by wciappetta Fri 14 Aug 2015, 5:30 am

well they're trumpeting this announcement to the world investors. to me it looks like they've seeded the garden and readying for the harvest. I'll be watching for the effective date of enactment. I suspect the RV will precede it  much like the tariff enforcement was halted.

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. -Psalms 27:13-14
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 14 Aug 2015, 6:35 am

Things are looking good! bounce
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:55 pm

Awesome!!!
    GWT54
    GWT54
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by GWT54 Fri 14 Aug 2015, 2:27 pm

Ready and patiently waiting ! More ready than patient. LOL
    lonelyintexas
    lonelyintexas
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by lonelyintexas Fri 14 Aug 2015, 2:37 pm

"Amendments in the new law are a step in the right direction, especially since these will give investors the right to refer to international arbitration if necessary. The old law lacked this provision," Al Zameli said.

Very imporatant update in this new version.  And I agree with Ward, IMHO investment law and tariff's will come after RV.
    Thanks
    LIT
    yes
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Fri 14 Aug 2015, 2:38 pm

mochasmom wrote:Awesome!!

soom??????????????????????????????????
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 14 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm

I think it was ward that said Boom with sooooom! laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 04 Jun 2024, 5:11 am