Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US Withdraws 12 Fighter Jets from Turkey

Lobo
    Lobo

US Withdraws 12 Fighter Jets from Turkey Empty US Withdraws 12 Fighter Jets from Turkey

Post by Lobo Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:16 pm

US Withdraws 12 Fighter Jets from Turkey

December 16, 2015 5:22 PM

The U.S. military has announced it is withdrawing a dozen fighter jets from Turkey and returning them to their base in Britain.

In November, six F-15E Strike Eagles were deployed to Turkey to conduct strikes in Syria and Iraq against the Islamic State and six F-15C Eagles, air-to-air interceptors, were sent to Turkey's Incirlik Air Base to help bolster the country's defenses.

The decision was announced by U.S. European Command in Germany on Wednesday, one day after Defense Secretary Ash Carter visited Incirlik Air Base.

Pentagon spokesman Jeff Davis said the deployments of the F-15s were always intended to be short-term and their withdrawal should not be seen as a change in the U.S. commitment to Turkey or to the counter-IS campaign.

The redeployment of the fighter jets comes less than a month after NATO ally Turkey shot down a Russian warplane that it said had violated its airspace, heightening tensions between Moscow and Ankara.

The F-15C Eagles were used to help boost Turkish defenses and conduct training runs with Turkish fighter planes.

The U.S. still has 12 A-10 close-air support aircraft based at Incirlik, as well as drone aircraft and refueling planes. A U.S. defense official said the Pentagon intends to replace six of the departing F-15s with a like number of additional A-10s.

http://www.voanews.com/content/united-states-withdraws-fighter-jets-turkey/3106004.html

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 am