Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Market Talk – December 22nd, 2015

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 5:43 pm

Posted on December 22, 2015 by Martin Armstrong

Asia returned a quiet lacklustre day’s trading Tuesday with Toshiba alone claiming the reason the whole market had edged lower. The stock sank an additional 12.3%, extending Mondays 9.8% decline, having stated it is expected to post a 550Bln Yen loss ($4.54Bln) for the fiscal year. In Shanghai and Hong Kong we saw marginal gains of around 0.25% each.

Europe ended a quiet day mixed (DAX -0.1%; CAC +0.05% and FTSE +0.8%) as Oil continues to drift lower. The lower/slower market momentum was blamed yet again on the decline in Brent and the much discussed glut in storage. Interestingly the spread between WTI and Brent has tightened yet again as delivery costs retreat into insignificance when absolute prices are so low.

As the US markets opened the drift of money continues to flow towards the USD resulting in strong performance across all US Indices. The DOW closed up +165 points (+0.96%), the S+P up 18 points (+0.88%) and finally the NASDAQ closed +32 points (+0.65%). The USD saw a strong performance against GBP today gaining around (0.5%) to push Sterling below 1.4800 at one stage in the day.

We have finally seen the last big data point for the year (US GDP) earlier today and despite a 2% print (against a forecast of 1.9%) this failed to alter any markets course and so we finally wind-down for Christmas.

Gold has drifted a little in late trading (currently down $8) at $1072 and the US Treasury market has drifted also. Last I saw US 10’s trading at 2.23% (+4BP) whilst 10yr Germany was last seen at 0.60% which closes the spread this evening at +163BP.

Into year end it is worth watching the spread between US/Germany in the Bond market, keep an eye on the WTI/Brent spread also and finally the US Dollar itself. The DXY closed this evening marginally lower at 98.20 (-0.15%).
This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Martin Armstrong. Bookmark the permalink.

Current date/time is Thu 08 Dec 2016, 9:59 am