Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

All About Lemons

Lobo

All About Lemons

Post by Lobo on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 22:20

All About Lemons

Lemons have long played an important role in kitchens around the world, with their tart juice and aromatic, oil-rich zest contributing flavor to countless dishes. Lisbon and Eureka are the most popular varieties because of their large fruit, distinct sourness and thick, protective piths.

The smaller, rounder, more fragile Meyer lemon boasts a floral fragrance and sweeter flavor. A hybrid imported from China, it now proliferates in California and other Mediterranean climates. This prized fruit is thought to be a cross between a Eureka lemon and a mandarin orange.

Lemons reach their peak in the winter and early spring in the mild climates where they are grown. Use their juice and zest to brighten soups, finish sauces, marinate meats, garnish vegetables and enhance drinks, as well as to flavor baked goods.

Selecting
Choose lemons that feel heavy for their size and are free from soft spots. Lemons with smooth, glossy rinds offer the most juice, while fruits with thick skin will more easily yield generous amounts of zest.

Storing
Store lemons in a basket at room temperature for up to 1 week, or refrigerate them in a plastic bag for up to 1 month. Lemon juice can be frozen for up to 6 months.

Preparing
For the most juice, bring the lemon to room temperature and roll it firmly against a hard surface. Then use a citrus reamer to extract the juice. A rasp grater is best for obtaining fine, aromatic shreds of lemon rind free of any pith. A vegetable peeler is useful for creating wide ribbons of lemon zest. Use a sharp knife to cut the fruit into slices or wedges.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking from the Farmers’ Market, by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Current date/time is Tue 06 Dec 2016, 12:53