Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Strawberry Preserves

Lobo

Strawberry Preserves

Post by Lobo on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:58 pm

Strawberry Preserves

Read Reviews

Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 6
Look for small ripe berries, then preserve them whole for this delicious conserve.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 4K+

Ingredients:

• 4 cups small ripe strawberries, about 1 lb., washed and hulled
  • Peel (with white pith) of 1/2 lemon
  • 3/4 cup superfine sugar

Directions:

Put the strawberries and lemon peel in a wide heavy pot. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the superfine sugar. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally with the spatula, for 2 hours. (The berries will release their juices and the sugar will dissolve.)

Set the pot over medium heat and bring the strawberry mixture to a gentle boil. Cook, stirring gently a few times, until the berries are just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the berries to a hot sterilized pint canning jar. Return the pot with the berry juices and lemon peel to medium-high heat and boil until the syrup thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.

Remove the pot from the heat and let the syrup settle. Using a mesh skimmer, skim off any foam. Discard the lemon peel. Pour the hot syrup into the jar over the strawberries. Using a paper towel dipped in hot water, wipe the rim clean, then screw on the lid. Let cool. Refrigerate the preserves for up to 3 months. Makes 1 pint.

Recipe by Canal House Cookin

Current date/time is Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:38 am