Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Chocolate-Orange Turnovers

Post by Lobo on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 9:17 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6
For an almond-flavored version of this recipe, add 3 Tbs. finely chopped toasted almonds and 1/8 tsp. almond extract in place of the orange zest in the first step.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 3 Tbs. confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • Finely grated zest of 1/2 orange
  • 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • All-purpose flour for rolling out dough
  • 1 cream cheese pie dough disk, thawed
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Granulated sugar for sprinkling

Related Recipes

• Cream Cheese Pie Dough >

Prepare the filling
In a bowl, stir together the ricotta, confectioners’ sugar, egg yolk, orange zest and chocolate. Set aside.

Prepare and bake the turnovers
Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a rimless baking sheet with parchment paper.

On a floured work surface, roll out the dough about 1/8 inch thick. Cut out six 6-inch rounds and place on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush the edges of each round with the beaten egg and spoon 2 Tbs. of the filling into the center. Fold the pastry over the filling to make half-moon shapes and press the edges with a fork to seal. Brush the tops with the remaining egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar.

Bake until the turnovers are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the turnovers cool slightly, then serve warm. Serves 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Make Ahead, by Rick Rodgers (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Current date/time is Wed 26 Oct 2016, 2:14 pm