Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sour Cream Fudge Frosting

Lobo
    Lobo

Sour Cream Fudge Frosting Empty Sour Cream Fudge Frosting

Post by Lobo Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:54 pm

Sour Cream Fudge Frosting Img48l
    Sour Cream Fudge Frosting
    Sour Cream Fudge Frosting Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 12

Ingredients:

• 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
    • 1/4 cup heavy cream
    • 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
    • 3/4 cup sour cream
    • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar

Directions:

In a medium-size, heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and cream. Heat, stirring frequently, until the butter melts. Add the chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let cool to barely lukewarm, about 8 minutes.

Whisk in the sour cream until fully combined. Then whisk in the confectioners' sugar. Let stand until thick enough to spread, about 10 minutes. If the frosting becomes too stiff to spread, rewarm briefly over low heat and whisk again until smooth.

For mocha flavor: Add 1 Tbs. instant espresso powder or regular coffee powder to the butter and cream.

For peppermint flavor: Whisk 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract into the frosting before adding the confectioners' sugar.

For tangerine flavor: Whisk 1 Tbs. grated tangerine zest into the frosting before adding the confectioners' sugar
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library Series, Cakes, Cupcakes & Cheesecakes, by Sarah Tenaglia (Time-Life Books, 1995).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:43 pm