Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

5 posters

If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret

Lobo
    Lobo

pmad-bt-frame - If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret Empty If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret

Post by Lobo Mon 11 Jan 2016, 1:41 pm

If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret
    Jan. 11, 2016 1:09pm Mike Opelka

Imagine something amazing: You win the next lottery. You score the big one and hold the winning Powerball ticket for and estimated $1.4 billion. The very first thing you are supposed to do is sign the back of the ticket, and if you live in 44 of the 50 states, everyone will know your name.

Now what? There are many polls and news reports asking people that question.

In addition to using the mega-millions to pay bills, donate to charity, splurge on cars, vacations and homes, an interesting response has popped up on at least one poll conducted in the Northeast.

The No. 1 response to the ”What would you do?” question is a four-word response: “Keep it a secret.”
    pmad-bt-frame - If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret Powerball-question-keep-a-secret-381x620
    Image source: DailyVoice.com

Remaining anonymous following a huge lottery windfall is obviously something that would protect the winner from what many previous mega-jackpot winners have referred to as a “relentless” onslaught of pitches, scams, family members and others interested in separating you from your newly-minted fortune.

But will the law allow you to keep it a secret?

You can if you happen to live in one of the six states where lottery winners can remain anonymous: Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/11/if-you-win-the-big-lottery-jackpot-only-six-states-will-let-you-keep-it-a-secret/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Firewire%20-%20HORIZON%201-11-16%20FINAL&utm_term=Firewire
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

pmad-bt-frame - If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret Empty Re: If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret

Post by Neno Mon 11 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm

I do think I am ready for the challenge... lol
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

pmad-bt-frame - If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret Empty Re: If You Win the Big Lottery Jackpot, Only Six States Will Let You Keep It a Secret

Post by duck2000 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 4:51 pm

we won .. .. if we win .. gunna have to polish mud up a bit ya !
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:25 pm

that's just crazy, it would be a nightmare to try and stay away from all the vultures coming out of the woodwork, and you know they would, but, i am like neno, i am up to the challenge. of course i live in north carolina and i could just go to south carolina and collect. on the other hand, with that kind of money you could get lost in a big hurry.
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by duck2000 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:38 pm

umm I have a fix for the law saying you have to claim it out loud !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vulture cure

If you win the lottery and want to keep it a secret, you've got to trust.
    In other words, let someone else face the publicity.
    We'll probably never know who bought the $24 million Lotto Texas jackpot ticket July 28 at a southwest Houston Kroger store because the winner claimed the prize through the MDDSS Revocable Trust.
    Manfred Sternberg, a trustee for the Houston-based trust, represented the winner Wednesday at the ceremonial check presentation.
    ADVERTISING

Under Texas law, a lottery winner cannot remain anonymous, but the winner doesn't have to be an individual. It can be a trust, Texas Lottery Commission spokeswoman Kelly Cripe said.
    #pmad-bt-frame {display:inline-block; width:540px; height:100px;} @media (min-width:1200px) and (max-width:4000px){#pmad-bt-frame{width:540px !important; height:100px !important;}} @media (min-width:1024px) and (max-width:1199px){#pmad-bt-frame{width:540px !important; height:100px !important;}} @media (min-width:768px) and (max-width:1023px){#pmad-bt-frame{width:540px !important; height:90px !important;}}  
    Information was not immediately available on how common it is for winners to form trusts before claiming their prizes, Cripe said.
    Another Houston lotto winner used the same tactic in May 2010 when he collected his lump-sum payout of $48.8 million through the MAED Trust after a delay caused by a photocopier snafu that blackened the front of the ticket.
    The man, who has yet to go public, purchased a winning ticket worth $76 million the previous October at the H-E-B Pantry in Alvin.
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:49 pm

duck2000 wrote:umm I have a fix for the law saying you have to claim it out loud !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vulture cure

If you win the lottery and want to keep it a secret, you've got to trust.
    In other words, let someone else face the publicity.
    We'll probably never know who bought the $24 million Lotto Texas jackpot ticket July 28 at a southwest Houston Kroger store because the winner claimed the prize through the MDDSS Revocable Trust.
    Manfred Sternberg, a trustee for the Houston-based trust, represented the winner Wednesday at the ceremonial check presentation.
    ADVERTISING

Under Texas law, a lottery winner cannot remain anonymous, but the winner doesn't have to be an individual. It can be a trust, Texas Lottery Commission spokeswoman Kelly Cripe said.
    #pmad-bt-frame {display:inline-block; width:540px; height:100px;} @media (min-width:1200px) and (max-width:4000px){#pmad-bt-frame{width:540px !important; height:100px !important;}} @media (min-width:1024px) and (max-width:1199px){#pmad-bt-frame{width:540px !important; height:100px !important;}} @media (min-width:768px) and (max-width:1023px){#pmad-bt-frame{width:540px !important; height:90px !important;}}  
    Information was not immediately available on how common it is for winners to form trusts before claiming their prizes, Cripe said.
    Another Houston lotto winner used the same tactic in May 2010 when he collected his lump-sum payout of $48.8 million through the MAED Trust after a delay caused by a photocopier snafu that blackened the front of the ticket.
    The man, who has yet to go public, purchased a winning ticket worth $76 million the previous October at the H-E-B Pantry in Alvin.

that might work, thanks duck!
    notazbad2000
    notazbad2000
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Post by notazbad2000 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:49 pm

Neno wrote:I do think I am ready for the challenge... lol
    Smith, Wesson and I are truly up for the challenge!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 7:13 am